View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464
Default Re: Do you think the Arians "retirement" was a shot across Tomlins Bow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
I hope I am wrong, but that's how I've viewed him for years now. He can talk, but he doesn't walk. He strikes me as one of those guys who interviews great, but can't actually do the job. He would be a great team spokesman. He is an excellent corporate communicator; he can say absolutely nothing in a lot of words with the best of them, and that is a talent. He's has a very likable public persona, until he doesn't follow through with any of it, and as a spokesman he wouldn't be accountable for the follow through.

Right... I feel the same way you said it better than me. I do think he will end up learning from his mistakes.. I think he could end up being damn good but we are going through his growing pains until that happens... his mouth was ready to be the head man but his actions have been nothing more than coat tail riding... over the next 5 to 7 years he will no longer be able to ride that horse anymore and we will see what he's got. the one good thing is he is off to a good start and it looks to me like we are putting some good talent in place for him to make this his own show... Lets hope we see less mouth and more doing over the next few years
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote