Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Ownership needs to have a word with Colbert Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianSteelersFan178443 View Post
Gilbert was our most consistent OL this season, Pouncey had an injury riddled season and allowed many blitzes up the middle. Gilbert stepped in after Colon got hurt and got better with every game. He will be a stud in a couple of years. But I am not a fan of Kevin Colbert, I hate to say this, but Steve Bisciotti and Ozzie Newsome know how to draft. Colbert's strategy of taking BPA is good, but it looks like it is finally catching up to us in a bad way. He never drafts OL after the 2nd round and if he does we cut them (Urbik, K. WIlliams) and he hasn't attacked a great secondary player since Troy. He either needs to go or change his draft strategy completely
I think colbert has been doing a great job. the problem is really we're such a consistently good team, that all the o-line prospects that are worth picking in round 1 are already gone by the time it's our turn. Pouncey was able to be grabbed because we were low enough on the draft to snag him. Believe me, if we had picks in the top 10, the o-line would have been addressed. however, i'm thankful we never suck that bad.

i just wish we'd deal with the raiders like other teams do. would be awesome to get multiple round 1 draft picks for basically nothing lol

the urbik situation was more a failure on our coaching staff to get him ready. the fact he's starting with the bills tells me that talent wasn't an issue, our coaches failed to groom him into NFL material while he was here.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote