View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511
Default Re: Bradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by former RB View Post
There are a few people around here that can remember Terry Bradshaw making you cry. Either tears of joy or grief. Bradshaw had a deep abiding love for throwing into double and triple coverage. I think he was all about having fun and taking chances out there. Winning and losing was never life and dath for him.

I think that Terry had a rocky relationship with Steeler fans because we were life and death and he wasn't. We had a failure to communicate.

Over the years, we both learned lessons.

Bradshaw stayed close to the game. His football mind evolved with the game.

I think it would be great if Bradshaw would come back to the Burg as an OC for about 5 years, and allow us to build a relationship with him that we never had.

Bradshaw could design an offense that used Bens strengths. Brad is getting old. Time is running out on him and us. It is a shame that the Bradshaw/ Steeler fan relationship was so bitter for so long.

If I was Mr.Rooney, I would ask Chuck Noll to go with him to talk to Bradshaw about becoming the new OC, and offer him 10 million over 5 years.

I think Bradshaw would go for it. In a lot of ways, it would be a good thing.

Bradshaw would do a good job. He has a good feel for the game.

But then, if I was Mr. Rooney, i would ask Dorsett or Harris to be the running back coach, and Marino to be the QB coach, Joe Green to be the D line coach, and ...........I wonder if Lynn Swann would like to coach. And what Greg Lloyd, Mel Blount, Lambert?

Are great players lousy coachs, or are our owners lousy owners?
Some former players make great coaches, and others don't, or wouldn't. Lynn Swann's athleticism is not something he could teach, and that was pretty much his game. Bradshaw is pretty dyslexic, which is why it took the game so long to slow down for him, and why once it did he was the perfect guy to implement Noll's offense on the field. It also means his understanding of the game is as subconscious as it is conscious, and he won't be able to impart that very well. Add with that his personality and Ben's ego, and he is the absolute last OC you want on the Steelers sideline.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote