View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,657 Posts
Default Re: What is Steeler Football................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
steeler football is the kinda football you play, where if done right, you get fined 75k and suspended :(
ESPN apparently agrees

ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine sought a list of the 20 current players who a 20-member Pro Football Hall of Fame panel and ESPN's John Clayton believe could excel in any era of the NFL.

No. 10: Steelers LB James Harrison...

MARCUS ALLEN: A guy I think could play in the years past, old school, is James Harrison. He gets reprimanded playing the game I grew up wanting to play like and admired and so forth. They are called dirty players and, unfortunately, the game has changed a bit. The league has made quite a bit of money off the hits we see in highlights, and there is generation of kids who grew up watching and were taught that's the way you play....

JERRY RICE: I picked James Harrison not because of all the fines, but because the guy is a bruiser on that defensive line and in that secondary. He's going to hit you no matter what the consequences are. He plays the game the way it should be played, and that's physically.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...james-harrison

Confirmation the former NFL greats despise what Goodell has turned the game into
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote