View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,285 Times in 3,266 Posts
Default Re: The L.A. Colts by the end of the decade!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Actually the bonus is due next month. They're talking about delaying or re working the bonus if he can't pass physical. If the Dolts draft Luck, like they're saying they will, Manning will probably be gone in a couple of years.
Manning is gone now

Two days after Peyton Manning publicly complained about the dour atmosphere at team headquarters following a 2-14 season and a rash of firings, Colts owner Jim Irsay introduced his new head coach and then stunned everyone by calling his franchise player a "politician" who had decided to air dirty laundry.

"I don't think it's in the best interest to paint the horseshoe in a negative light, I really don't," Irsay told reporters, referring to the team's longtime logo. "The horseshoe always comes first, and I think one thing he's always known, because he's been around it so long, is that, you know, you keep it in the family. If you've got a problem you talk to each other, it's not about campaigning or anything like that."

The comments suggest there is a rift between Manning and Irsay, who is just six weeks from a deadline to pay the four-time league MVP a $28 million bonus or risk losing him as a free agent. And it all blew up in public on a day the team wanted attention focused on Chuck Pagano, the Ravens' defensive coordinator who takes over as head coach with a host of problems to address.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...ublic-comments
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote