View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #22
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Do you think the Arians "retirement" was a shot across Tomlins Bow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
I agree he is off to a good start... what does he have to prove??? he needs to prove he can win with his own team and his own people.. So far hes won with Bills team.. Bills D coord and bill cowhers star players... Only thing that is different from when Bill was here is the O... Tomlin put BA in place.. in which we got rid of the full back and started throwing on 3rd and inches.

at this point I view Mike no different then Barry Switzer and george Seifort... Again Tomlin is off to a good start and I actually think he is helping to bring in good players.. Wallace, Brown, Woodley, timmons hood....etc... I think he will end up being good over the long haul.. but right now he as won with Cowhers people and to me we will see what kind of coach he really is over the next 5 to 7 years.

As far as talking the talk everyone is getting tired of all the movie quotes and shit hes says but dont back up exmaple"""" Tomlin said we are gonna unleesh HELL! then we got our ass kicked 2 or 3 games in a row...

My favorie quote is " Put it on Tape" I just wished he would practice what he says and quit talking bullshit... Issac Redman come out a few years ago and put it on tape.. kicked ass on tape.. then Tomlin cut him.. thank GOD no one picked him up.. David Johnson puts it on tape every week... the tape shows he sucks but Tomlin keeps him in... CHris Kemo... sucked for two years on tape before we finally benched him... John Scott on tape sucking but Tomlin keeps playing him until BEN almost Dies against the colts and we do something...

Put it on Tape.. Put it on Tape.... ok Mike Watch the damn Tape
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think you may have some kind of ax to grind with Mike.

You said we lost two or three games in a row after Mike talked about unleeshing Hell? Well, we lost a few games with a banged up team but we still finished 12 - 4 on the year in spite of being banged up. We have had a very good win loss record since 2007 with two SB apperances (1 win). Thats not too shabby.

You said that Mike won with Cowher's people? Thank God he has and it was a wise move on his part to maintain continuity. It took Cowher over a decade to win a SB with whatever players he had. I don't knock coach Cowher and consider him a Great coach but based on your logic, he was a failure (I don't think he was). I think Mike's been winning with His Own Team for quite some time now. He is the Steeler HC and has been since 2007.

I'll move forward and let you have your opinion on this.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote