Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,525 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Roethlisberger's words not damning

Quote:
Originally Posted by former RB View Post
The job of an OC is to design the plays in the playbook and call plays during the game.
Call the same telegraphed running play 4 times at the goal line? Yeah no wonder why it was stuffed, that's not on arians?

Calling the same WR screen so much during a game that opponents sniff out before the play even starts = not on arians?

Don't tell me roethlisberger is holding the ball on designed 3 step drops, he's doing a 7-step drop almost 90% of the time, 10% of the other times it's a screen, lol. The OC needs to know what his O-line is capable of, and if they can't give him time, isn't that the OC's job to stop calling those plays? or at least you know, set the defense up for it?

Remember the Titans game? the patriots game? watch it again and tell me if Ben's not able to get rid of the ball quick if the gameplan calls for it.

Arians also said after the super bowl defeat last year, that he didn't take advantage of the woodson injury because he doesn't attack players. I think that right there is Arians telling the whole world he's stupid as hell. When the opponent loses their best player in the secondary, common sense might say you test the backup.

Wasn't arians the one who called this play? he should have been fired on the spot.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote