View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #32
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
Default Re: Steelers owner Rooney: Arians' instability prompted change

My new take on the Arians situation is now as follows.........I already agreed with it, but now I think it was brilliant. Forget all that "Shot across the bow" talk simply because I don't think Rooney is singling out any one individual by doing this, nor does he need or want to. Basically, this is a statement that needs to be made.......and that statement is:

"None of you are irreplaceable.......sure I love you all, and respect what you have accomplished for this organization, and my honest hope is that you'll continue to be an extremely valuable asset for years to come, and eventually retire as a Steeler, but if I ever get the feeling that you've stopped trying or are simply happy to be collecting a paycheck while enjoying the NFL life, then I will start the process of replacing you. I will allow you to move on gracefully, and we will give you a respectful send off, but you will leave."

So, this statement will always apply to every member of the Steelers organization as long as Rooney is in charge, who himself feels very passionate about the team, and we are lucky to have an owner who feels that way.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote