Old 01-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: You tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I have no agenda here.

All I'm pointing out is that numbers can be used to support or attack any position one may have and it's the number one reason why I don't care about statistics.
Someone pulls out some statistics that make Arians look bad, others (like me) can scrounge up some statistics that make him look good.

Actually, my favorite "statistics argument" around here is the "#1 Defense" argument that everyone falls back on so that they don't have to actually look hard at LeBeau.
You can hold onto that stat all you want, but anyone who really thinks we actually had a defense that was REALLY a number one defense needs to have their head examined.

But the "statistics" say it's true, so no one has to go beyond that.

The word, "Statistics" is just "bullshit" with an extra syllable.
No, it's pretty clear whose head needs shrunk. I suspect, as you have stated elsewhere, that you are just a professional pot-stirrer, in which case we're all just wasting our time here. Pretending for a moment that we're not just pissing in the wind...

You keep stating this opinion of yours regarding Dick Lebeau and this year's defense, and stating it as if it is fact. And yet whenever pressed, you hit us with rhetorical zingers like "Look, I'm probably not explaining myself as well as I could and right now I really don't feel like trying to figure that out." You have this bizarre contention that stats can be made to say anything, they're just there to lie to us, as if someone could invert this year's rankings, and easily make the case that Green Bay and New England were really the best defenses, while Pittsburgh and the Texans just flat-out sucked. These sorts of claims suggest that you are delusional, and should indeed get your head examined.

I'll ask you for the fourteenth time: other than the second Ravens game, which regular season game did our "paper defense" shit the bed, or give away a game that the offense had won for us? And for the fortieth time that I've asked you and everyone else on this board: Can you find me a two- or three-game stretch anywhere in Arians' tenure where the offense was dominant? I could possibly even find two games that Ray Sherman or Kevin Gilbride put together that were truly solid. Arians? No.