View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #13
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Starkey: Steelers president out of bounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by former RB View Post
*Shitty play caller?* How do you know? If Ben scrambles, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE CALLED PLAY WAS, GENIUS!?

How do you know he wasn't adjusting in-game. If Ben scrambles, the called play is dead!

WR quick screens are QB red light audibles. They are called by the QB when he sees 2 deep safetys and 7 crowding the line in run/pass red dog blitz. He knows he is going to get bum rushed, so he audibles to a quick WR screen, draw, dig, or wham. The wham usually results in the Rb getting tackled for a loss. The dig gets your Wr hurt, so that leaves a draw which they used to try with Fast Willie, and he usually got tackled for a 5 yard loss. So the Wr screen is safe and can be big if the Wr beats one guy. REGARDLESS, IT IS THE QB CALL.

In the red zone, those "LAZERS" actually have to be thrown, if Ben doesn't pull the trigger, then its Bens fault. He can throw it away if no one is open.

You people just don't understand fundamental football. When a QB scrambles, the O line has no idea where he is, the recievers have to improvise, and the play called in the huddle is not going to be ran.

NO OC CAN RUN OUT ON THE FIELD AND MAKE A QB PULL THE TRIGGER.

Listen, if the OC calls a red zone play, say "X fade, Y slant, Z corner", and Ben takes the snap and scrambles, THE BLOCKING BREAKS DOWN, THE RECIEVERS RUN OUT OF ROUTE, AND THE CALLED PLAY IS NOT RAN. In that called play, the QB is supposed to throw the X fade on a 3 step drop, or if the X isn't open, throw the Y slant. If that isn't open, throw the Z corner, or throw it over his head and out the end zone.
BEN SCRAMBLES. IT TURNS IN SCHOOL YARD FOOTBALL.
As i've heard.

Let's pretend that Arians doesn't go up to Ben on every play and say "Do your thing", or "do what you can to make a play". That's what any good coach would do, right? Encourage his player to make things happen??? I'm a quarterback, I know what a good coach would say!!!

Ben's style of play is what has won us so many games, and certainly helped us win two lombardi's since 2005. Arians play calling hasn't been great, and I think him leaving was good thing for us. We needed a fresh start. Although I don't think this offense's decline has been entirely on him, I think considering he's the offensive coordinator, most of that has to land on his shoulders, regardless on Ben's play.

I'm hoping to see that passion and intensity next year. It's something we've lacked outside of our Super Bowl appearances, and I think we'll need that intensity and will to win if we're going to make it far next year, and I certainly think we can.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote