Old 02-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,188 Posts
Default Re: Goodell: NFL could drop Pro Bowl

Peter King sums it up

I think I'd like to applaud Aaron Rodgers, and not just for winning the MVP. (Lots of suspense there.) But for bashing the effort put forth by players at the Pro Bowl last weekend. As you know, I've given up on the game. It's a silly, meaningless, stupid exhibition. Most players work harder in a Saturday morning walkthrough practice than they do in the Pro Bowl game. The NFL should cancel it immediately.

Not that I'm blaming the players. Who wants to get hurt in an exhibition game, with millions on the line if you suffer a freak injury? I've been asked a lot what's the solution, and what should the league do about the game. I say: Eliminate it. Forget the skills competition. Just end the season with the Super Bowl, and you want to honor all the men voted to the Pro Bowl, bring them to the Super Bowl site and introduce them on the red carpet at the Saturday night show, and make that show the football Oscars. Overwhelm the place with football players, coaches and stars. Make it appointment television. And good for Roger Goodell, telling Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic Sunday that if the game can't be improved the league will consider abolishing it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...rbowl46/3.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote