Thread: Another Mock.
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default Another Mock.

1. Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama

I believe that he is the pick if he is still available. I've seen people try and say Burfict from ASU, but he makes stupid mistakes and let's his emotion get the better of him. For the Steelers ILB is the captain of the defense. James Farrior makes all the calls, and I don't see Burfict being smart enough to put everyone in position.

2. Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

Like everyone else, I believe that Chris Kemoeatu will not be back with the Steelers next season. Even if he is back, he was benched in favor of Doug Legursky, because he committed too many penalties, many of which were personal fouls. Osemele started at left tackle and has very good size at 6'5 333 lbs. If he can slide into the guard position that would be perfect because by necessity of being a left tackle, he has good footwork and athleticism. The other option here is Kevin Zeitler who is a little bit of a smaller guy but is a road grader.

3. Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma St

Safety isn't much of a need now, but we have Will Allen and Ryan Mundy as backups behind Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark. Both of our starters play a very physical game which has been cause for injury with Polamalu but Clark has remained pretty durable. Martin is a very good safety prospect that the Steelers would be unwise to pass up on. He could be a solid starter with a season or two to learn.

4. Andrew Datko, OL, Florida St

One of the main names I have been hearing for tackle prospects is Zebrie Sanders from FSU. That being said, Datko was the starter at left tackle over Sanders before he suffered an injury. Sanders had been relegated to right tackle duties because Datko was just a better tackle. It's kind of a shame that an injury pushes him this far down but I'm sure pittsburgh wouldn't mind.

5. Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

At 6'3 217 lbs, Childs would provide a bigger body that can be targeted in the red zone. His sophomore season he had 7 scores and almost 900 yards receiving in a full season. His junior year he started off good as well with 6 TD's and around 700 yards without even playing the last 5 games. However, he hurt his knee ending his junior campaign. His senior year he wasn't the same until late in the season and was overshadowed big time by Joe Adams. He has good body control and some decent speed though. Could be a threat.

6. Akiem Hicks, NT, Regina

Casey Hampton should be back... At least for the 2012 season. There is no true nose tackle behind him. Hicks has a ton of talent. But there are also some concerns when it comes to this guy. He was recruited to play DT at LSU but ended up transferring out of the school... If he gets cleared he can learn behind Casey Hampton and perhaps get some rotational duties on obvious passing downs. He is moving up boards due to his play at the East-West shrine game and getting noticed more.

7. Carson Wiggs, K, Purdue

Shaun Suisham has been serviceable but not altogether trustworthy. I know I wouldn't want him kicking the ball with the game on the line. Wiggs, was 5 for 5 from 40 yards out and finished the season strong with 8 straight field goals. He has a strong leg making a 67 yarder, even though it was only in a spring game.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote