View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Possible NT taken in draft

Personally I'm not keen on taking a NT in the first just because I feel like there will be valuable options for us at the position in the 2nd or 3rd. The trend over the last few years may show that DTs in general are popular but NTs specifically in the draft aren't snatched up very fast and a guy like Ta'amu or Jean-Baptiste could probably be gotten in the second or third round. Poe seems like a borderline first round pick that could be considered a reach and I feel like one of the OL or ILBs that will be there will be a much better pick (If I were in charge I'd pick Burfict, Glenn, Hightower, Barron, or even trade up for Decastro before picking Poe, but then again I'm just a fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
let me remind you that the hands down best NT in the game today, haloti ngata , is 6-4, not 6-1.
Haloti Ngata is the best Defensive Lineman in general but he is hardly a NT. He plays there sometimes because of his versatility but plays more often as a DE. Terrence Cody is the guy the Ravens usually have anchoring the middle (although, he is also 6'4)
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote