Thread: Another Mock.
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Another Mock.

Starting to hear Cordy Glenn OG could be gone by the Steeler's pick so taking Hightower may just be for the Steelers the best player available and is becoming a more accurate prediction for them. I still would take Glenn because we need a solid G on this team now.

Love Zeitler or Osemele in the 2nd although most mocks I've seen recently have both gone by the time the Steelers pick. Let's hope it is not true and we land one of these 2 in the 2nd round or finding a guy that can start right away may not be possible this season which would cause a lot of problems.

in the 3rd we need to have a starting NT and there still should be some available at this point like a Josh Chapman or Jean Baptiste. A safety can wait one more year.

The level of quality receivers jumps dramatically by taking one in the 4th rather then waiting until the 5th.
The Steelers seem to like WRs that have a ton of production in college no matter how small the school.
The Steelers will need more O lineman in this draft but not sold on Datko with his injury history in the 4th at all.

i like a lot of the mid round linebackers in this years draft. If we didn't take Hightower in the first we may find a good one even as late as the 5th round. I don't think we would find a good NT or O lineman ready to start as easily as a linebacker though.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote