Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts
Default Re: Steelers release ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
He was the man they loved to hate. It's like Lex Luthor losing Superman.

Who are they gonna channel all of their hatred and spite towards now?

I follow 2 teams - the Steelers and Duke basketball

Trust me on this - fans that envy successful teams always find a new player upon which to focus their ire when the prior villain leaves the stage

My bet is Roethlisberger
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,463 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

Trust me on this - fans that envy successful teams always find a new player upon which to focus their ire when the prior villain leaves the stage

My bet is Roethlisberger
i'm sure they already hate roethlisberger.

but yeah nothing pisses off the opposition more than either a boisterous loudmouth or someone who's always smiling after making huge plays against your team constantly. which is why james harrison and troy P aren't really good targets of hate since they're rather quiet players. goes both ways i guess. more steelers players/fans hate terrell suggs more than haloti ngata for the exact same reason, even though ngata has as big of a hand (if not more) in causing problems for us than t-sizzle, he just doesn't have that same villain persona.

maybe antonio brown will be next on their hate list since he kinda has that attitude in him
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #23
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,137 Times in 542 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Hines had a great career and I will always have fond memories of his playing days, especially Super Bowl XL (The first Super Bowl I had the experience of seeing the Steelers win in my lifetime).

That said, it was time for him to go. I just wish he would have retired, it's gonna be hard to see him in another uniform.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #24
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

My bet is Roethlisberger
I think it's a different kind of hate with Ben. I live near Baltimore and something about Hines Ward touches a primal rage inside them like nothing I've ever seen before. The Ben thing is to them what Ray Lewis is to us.

Hines Ward is like the Anti-Raven to them though. The sheer venom that Ravens fans spit when Ward is even mentioned is comical to say the least. I usually egg it on by saying that they'd LOVE Hines if he was on their team. Convulsions, head-spinning, and pea soup-spitting traditionally follow.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #25
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post

but yeah nothing pisses off the opposition more than either a boisterous loudmouth or someone who's always smiling after making huge plays against your team constantly. which is why james harrison and troy P aren't really good targets of hate since they're rather quiet players. goes both ways i guess. more steelers players/fans hate terrell suggs more than haloti ngata for the exact same reason, even though ngata has as big of a hand (if not more) in causing problems for us than t-sizzle, he just doesn't have that same villain persona.

maybe antonio brown will be next on their hate list since he kinda has that attitude in him
Troy, yes...JAMES HARRISON, you nuts? He always runs his mouth and plays hard to boot....Not to mention his off field activities...He is an easy target for opposing fans.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #26
Sean95m
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18937

In honor of Hines Ward, I'm going out tonight and knock a Ravens fan on his ass.
Sean95m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #28
ZiggyHeyward
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23044

best of luck Hines thanks for 14 years of service . Your toughness with a smile has been an absolute pleasure to watch. You embody everything it is to be a Steeler and helped mentor the likes of Burris, Randel El, Washington, Holmes, Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Big Ben. Im going to miss watching Psycho 86 KTFO the likes of Ed Reed and Keith Rivers. Toughest and best Blocking WR of the Superbowl era hope he continues to grind his ticket to the Hall
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #29
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post

Troy, yes...JAMES HARRISON, you nuts? He always runs his mouth and plays hard to boot....Not to mention his off field activities...He is an easy target for opposing fans.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #30
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Thanks for the memories Hines Ward, we will miss you.

P.S - See you in Canton
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote