Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 03-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #21
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy
Default Re: Steelers Releasing Aaron Smith

Smith has had a great career with us. He was probable the best 3-4 Defensive end I have ever seen. He started in his second year, a 4th round pick. He was a beast until injuries have taken it away the last couple of years. Farrior on the other hand has been the leader of the team ever since we signed him away from the jets. He has aways reminded me of junior seau. He has been great but at some point you have to hang it up. His coverage the last couple of years has been really bad. Hate to see him go but it's time. Kemo made his own bed the way he played last year. Please Release him. Hampton isn't going to be right next year with that Knee but they probable will wait until after the draft too do anything with him. Several others could go. Time to move on.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #22
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,570 Posts

i criticized the FO for resigning the turd kemo a few years ago (along with randel el ,battle foote,) , people reminded me i'm just a no nothing fan ...i formally apologize to them for questioning their moves ...after all they're the professionals who knows best.... i guess thats why they'll be handing out millions to players that are no longer part of the team...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #23
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy

Just read the article on the post by ED B. Very quality article. Got to love a guy who wants to play forever but won't play for anyone but the steelers. Here's to ya BIG A as some of us have called you over the years. I"ll drink one for you at the opener!
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i sat down and talked to Smith sometime around his 5th year and he was the nicest person in the world. i remember asking him why he didnt live in a bigger house and he said he perfered to save because you never know were your going to be playing from year to year and when your carear will end. he was the most down to earth football player i ever met and didnt take anything for granted. the opposite of Bettis. i just wish he would of retired before being cut
Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,107 Times in 3,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
he was the most down to earth football player i ever met and didnt take anything for granted. the opposite of Bettis.
???

I thought the Bus was something of an act but it sounds like you have some insights on that?

Just asking - not criticizing
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #26
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Wish we could get more players like Aaron Smith....the guys a class act all the way!
Not to mention was a helluva player.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #27
Raw Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 15349
My Mood: Cynical

Not sure about Farrior and Hampton. Yes, the Steelers released Ward and Smith for monetary reasons, but they also both have replacements that can play at a level higher than those guys can now. The Steelers have drafted well at defensive line and wide receiver over the past couple seasons and now they have that flexibility.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #28
SteelCity4Life
Team Captain

Member Number: 23950
Exclamation Re: Steelers Releasing Aaron Smith

Hello everyone! I'd like to let you know, another die hard Steelers fan has joined Steelers Fever!

I come with fond yet slim memories of SB 40. That and people saying the seahawks would win. Then me reveling in it the next day, and they being mum.

Back to the topic at hand. This guy was a heck of DL player! But he'd had injuries, what? the past 3 season in a row??

Sad to see someone with his talent have to leave under such conditions. But the cap issue doesn't get any easier, and plenty of changes, although difficult, have to come.

I'm personally a little more upset to see Hines go. Thus - I dedicated my avatar to him.
I wish he'd realize things don't get any better. I wanted him to retire, but he insists on playing in 2012.

Win, loss, or tie; Steeler faithful till I die!
SteelCity4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #29
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,776 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity4Life View Post
Hello everyone! I'd like to let you know, another die hard Steelers fan has joined Steelers Fever!

I come with fond yet slim memories of SB 40. That and people saying the seahawks would win. Then me reveling in it the next day, and they being mum.

Back to the topic at hand. This guy was a heck of DL player! But he'd had injuries, what? the past 3 season in a row??

Sad to see someone with his talent have to leave under such conditions. But the cap issue doesn't get any easier, and plenty of changes, although difficult, have to come.

I'm personally a little more upset to see Hines go. Thus - I dedicated my avatar to him.
I wish he'd realize things don't get any better. I wanted him to retire, but he insists on playing in 2012.
Thanks for bringing your discussion to SF! We're glad to have you, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask

As for the Hines avatar, I did the same as soon as he was released. A lot of fans have, actually. Going to miss him.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #30
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity4Life View Post

Welcome! and great signature by the way