Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #11
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464
Default Re: Time For Dan Rooney!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6RingsAndCounting View Post
Why would we waste a roster spot on a 4th or 5th receiver who couldn't play special teams?
Im actually fine with the move but if we brought him back as a special teams 5th wr I would in no way call it a wasted spot... First off Hines ward would be like a LB running down on specail teams and I wouldnt be surprized at all if a HOF football player like hines was our best Special Teams player... A HOF football player sees the game different then a normal guy... also having a guy like Ward around the locker room is pretty damn good... Its like having this generations Joe Green around to imform the new guys of how we do it here in Pittsburgh.. Putting a HOF player in the locker room that gives his heart for the team fans and City and shows the kids who think its all about them how to do it is not at all a wasted spot... bottom line If Hines would have come back for vet Min and played special teams I would have done it... I would much rather have hines then a guy like Arnez Battle on the roster
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #12
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Dang, if some people on this board ran the team, we'd still have all the legends from the 70s on the roster...
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,134 Times in 2,638 Posts

when people say "vet minimum" do they even really know what vet minimum actually is?

throw business sense out the window.... its become nothing more than a trendy catchphrase.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #14
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
Im actually fine with the move but if we brought him back as a special teams 5th wr I would in no way call it a wasted spot... First off Hines ward would be like a LB running down on specail teams and I wouldnt be surprized at all if a HOF football player like hines was our best Special Teams player... A HOF football player sees the game different then a normal guy... also having a guy like Ward around the locker room is pretty damn good... Its like having this generations Joe Green around to imform the new guys of how we do it here in Pittsburgh.. Putting a HOF player in the locker room that gives his heart for the team fans and City and shows the kids who think its all about them how to do it is not at all a wasted spot... bottom line If Hines would have come back for vet Min and played special teams I would have done it... I would much rather have hines then a guy like Arnez Battle on the roster
I see no way in hell that Hines would come back just to play special teams.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

If I had anything to say about it, bringing Hines back to be a 5th WR and play second and third fiddle on SPECIAL TEAMS, then that would actually be WORSE than terminating his contract. Seriously, you have one of the greatest all time Steelers wideouts who set records almost by the year, and you want him to run down on Special Teams? I don't think so, Hines Ward isn't no Bryant McFadden.

It's the end of an era but Hines time is up. The Steelers are the greatest organization in the WORLD, they know when it's time and quite frankly, Hines wasn't the first hard decision. They released him while he went out on top with catching his 1,000th pass in Cleveland, not bumming him out on Special Teams. This was the right choice even though that still hurts to say.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #16
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446

It's a harsh reality that Hines is done and moving on but c'mon people, ease up on a favorite for petes sake Taylor and Gay made Tebow look like Joe Montana and the people on this board weren't as hard on those two boneheads.
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #17
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Art II has F****d it up enough, its time for the Ambassador to take over. I'll bet "The Chief" is turning over in his grave after the release of Hines Ward and for money, Art II is nothing like his namesake!

Holy crap! Over reaction and worst case scenario time!! This is how I am when I'm on an airplane. Xanax and bloody mary's help me through the ride. I suggest the same for you until the season starts. Once we continue winning you'll forget about the necessary moves management had to make. Steelers phased out ward last season but did what they had to do so he could get his 1000. No more acts of kindness. It's a business and Hines will move on to a great career in front of a camera.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

You do realise that yes, we can bring him back to camp and let him prove he is over the injuries from last year! Not saying they will do this but it is too soon for people to get so heated up on these cuts...
Old 03-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #19
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Original post and poster is silly.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
SteelPete
Water Boy

Member Number: 5671

Do you think if he isn't signed by another team the Steelers would bring him in as a assistant receivers coach? Just a thought.
SteelPete is offline   Reply With Quote