Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Report: Steelers May have Interest in Plaxico Burress

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
How do you remember Cotchery's drop in Denver (which I don't) and not that gritty, miraculous touchdown catch that tied the game? That's when Cotch's value reared its beautiful head.

We wouldn't bring back Plax over Cotchery if Cotch wants to come back. Clearly, the organization was impressed with what Cotchery showed last year. And there's no way that Plax, even if signed, would be put above Sanders on the depth chart. Living in NY, I watched Burress a lot this year and at this stage in his career, he's much better suited to being a #3/red zone guy than he is to being a starter. It'd be incredibly foolish to put a 35-year-old guy who left town 8 years ahead of a young stud on the depth chart.
I'm not saying it didn't happen but I don't remember it either. I remember Wallace and Johnson dropping gimmie balls.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Screw WR, PLEASE go get Ben some protection!!!! A LT!!!
This is what I'm hopping for. If we don't draft an o linemen in the first or second rnd. I'll be pissed.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #33
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
This is what I'm hopping for. If we don't draft an o linemen in the first or second rnd. I'll be pissed.

Would you rather draft someone, or bring in a known free agent commodity? As expensive as Flozell was, he was an improvement over anyone that would have been drafted the year the STeelers brought him in.

Steelers need to draft best available player with that pick. If it's a wide receiver, fine. Inside linebacker, fine. O-lineman, fine.

I don't want the Steelers to reach for an O-lineman that probably won't see the field a lot this year.

Check out this pool of 6'2"+ receivers in this years draft.
You can probably get a 2 or 3rd round guy that would be a solid #4 on the Steelers roster.

Dwight Jones or the guy from Notre Dame would fit nicely on the team, and then we wouldn't have to hear about Plaxico anymore.

Not sure why people are so high on Sanders.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #34
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbroughneck View Post
Not sure why people are so high on Sanders.
For what it's worth, Sanders was becoming one of Ben's favorite targets in the 2010 Super Bowl season. He was a clutch 3rd down go to guy before he broke his foot and had complications in the Super Bowl.

In that WC game in Denver, Sanders came up huge again, catching a diving-beauty from Ben on a big 3rd down to keep us alive for the game-winning drive until we shot ourselves in the foot. With Sanders healthy, we are only better.