Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: Keep Wallace or Let him Walk for the draft pick?
Keep Him and Pay the money 17 51.52%
Hope someone pays him and give me the draft pick 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #21
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Steelers taking calculated risk with Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Pats qb position isn't hard at all. 8 seconds in the pocket to throw a ball 7 yards. As long as they have a Solid line they'll be successful with or without Brady. Cassel went 11-5 not playing a down since highschool.

Defenses just need to learn how to stop that dink and dunk shit. If they get a legit deep threat like Wallace to stretch the field, their offense will be unstoppable. It almost already is.

Even though I hate the pats with a passion I think they draft well. They'll keep letting those picks roll over until they have enough to trade up 3 times in one draft or own the whole thing all together. Then we'll have another 15 years of listening to how great these scumbags are.
Dink and Dunk is why that QB gets the time that he has. The D has to respect the quick slants and the double move up the field pass potential. Their schemes are great. I hate to admit it, they get the most out of what they have because of working within their means. Marcia has a very quick release to boot.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
A Roster Bonus I believe is not pro-rated so that is why the Steelers would not be able to match it and that is what poses the most danger for the Steelers.
I believe all bonuses are prorated.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #23
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I believe all bonuses are prorated.
You could be right but found this on a web site about salary cap

Roster bonuses are also considered signing bonuses if the contract was signed after the last preseason game.

The non-guaranteed amount of any salary advance, off-season workout bonus, off-season ROSTER BONUS, or off-season reporting bonus is included in the team’s salary in the year it was earned. These bonuses cannot be prorated. “Guaranteed” refers to those bonuses that are fully guaranteed–regardless of skill, injury or termination of the contract.

So a team could offer Wallace non guaranteed Roster Bonus the first day of camp and the whole amount would go on that year's cap.

This still could be bad info I found and not correct.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #24
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Pats can afford Wallace and a lot more.

Seems according to this last report the Patriots have 47 million in cap space to spend.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-rumors/page/3

Imagine a Super Bowl team that has this much money to improve their team to be even better in a year where the free agency crop is the best maybe all time. Scary.

They may be franchising Welker for the next couple years and then signing Wallace for the long haul. They can afford both easily if they want.

They can afford Vincent Jackson as well but probably will be outbid by a team paying him way too much. The Pats may have the money but they won't grossly over pay someone.

Hope someone like Chicago or San Fran likes Wallace more and overpays him. At least he will be in the NFC.

What's bad about the Wallace situation is a team can wait until April 20th before making him an offer so if they bomb out getting a top free agent wide out they still have Wallace as an option 6 days before the draft. This may be a good thing say if Chicago can't land one and we end up with the 19th pick in the draft. Bad for the Steelers because they won't know if they're losing Wallace until late into free agency losing out on some mid tier guys we could sign to help replace him (Early Ducet, Laurent Robinson etc)
Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #25
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Pats can afford Wallace and a lot more.

possible, but the Patriots do have a lot of positions (like we do) that need overhauls and help and i don't see them adding another $9 million or so receiver. Chicago might express an interest. Guess we'll see.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #26
micraydim
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18601
My Mood: Busy

it's likely .
Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,247 Times in 1,806 Posts

virtually every where i've seen has the pats at 21-25 million under the cap ...

NFL Offseason Primer: Team by Team Salary Cap Projections

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/02/07/nfl...p-projections/

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #28
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,281 Times in 647 Posts

Steelers get a 1st rounder worst case. Steelers are 11 for 11 in the first round the last 11 picks, so, if it happens, so be it. No top receivers should get more then 7 million a year, less Jerry Rice or Randy Moss in their primes. Especially now. Receivers are a luxury not a necessity.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

In a passing league, they are not a luxury.

On a team where the OLINE sucks, and your RB's are suspect at best, currently. Your WR's are not a luxury.

On a team where you dont have a legitmate guy(brown got open due to the double team, still a good wr) to take the #1's spot, the WR is not a luxury.

On a team where your 3rd WR has beenhurt sleeping at night, your WR's are not a luxury

They are a necessity! Potentially one of those WRs only comes around once every 10-15 years, and we have 2. Two that compliment each other. Thats not a aluxury, thats called stepping in shit and its a huge asset. Rarely does a draft like that occur that can producte 2 in a row.

I felt like Jeff Foxworthy there for a minute lol
Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #30
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,281 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
In a passing league, they are not a luxury.

On a team where the OLINE sucks, and your RB's are suspect at best, currently. Your WR's are not a luxury.

On a team where you dont have a legitmate guy(brown got open due to the double team, still a good wr) to take the #1's spot, the WR is not a luxury.

On a team where your 3rd WR has beenhurt sleeping at night, your WR's are not a luxury

They are a necessity! Potentially one of those WRs only comes around once every 10-15 years, and we have 2. Two that compliment each other. Thats not a aluxury, thats called stepping in shit and its a huge asset. Rarely does a draft like that occur that can producte 2 in a row.

I felt like Jeff Foxworthy there for a minute lol
Sanders will be fine. He was out this year because his mother died too. Brown and Sanders are book ends. Sign Cotch, you got your 3rd and heath miller at TE. That is a good receiving core. Steelers then can get their middle linebacker of the future AND a guard in the first round and still have their 2nd to stock pile on the defensive line or get another corner.
Closed Thread