Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #11
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Hightower or Koncz ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac151rum View Post
I tend to agree with the masses. Hightower over Konz every time. Now Hightower vs. Glenn, thats a question.
After the combine, I think you gotta go with Glenn on this one. I think he's proven that he's got what it takes to be a versatile, stud lineman at the next level, at least as much as you can before you actually hit an NFL field, and we simply need another one of those more than anything else right now. Right now, I think our realistic big board should look something like:

1. Poe
2. Glenn
3. Hightower
4. Barron
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
After the combine, I think you gotta go with Glenn on this one. I think he's proven that he's got what it takes to be a versatile, stud lineman at the next level, at least as much as you can before you actually hit an NFL field, and we simply need another one of those more than anything else right now. Right now, I think our realistic big board should look something like:

1. Poe
2. Glenn
3. Hightower
4. Barron
What did you like so much about Glenn at the combine that makes you think he is versatile??

I think he showed that he doesnt have the lateral movement to play LT. We know he isnt a C. I actually question if he is a good enough knee bender to get low enough and play OG. Glenn may be only a RT because he plays so high.

If we went on the Combine to judge players alone, then Bruce Campbell would have been a top 10 pick at LT.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
What did you like so much about Glenn at the combine that makes you think he is versatile??

I think he showed that he doesnt have the lateral movement to play LT. We know he isnt a C. I actually question if he is a good enough knee bender to get low enough and play OG. Glenn may be only a RT because he plays so high.

If we went on the Combine to judge players alone, then Bruce Campbell would have been a top 10 pick at LT.
I'm not going just on the combine, I meant after everything since the end of last season. At the senior bowl he played very well at tackle, and at the combine he showed that he has the athletic ability. Yeah he may not have the lateral movement of an elite LT, but that's not what we'd be drafting him for; obviously his strength is guard and that's what we would draft him for. The point is, between the Senior Bowl and combine he showed that he could take over tackle if he had to, not necessarily start there regularly, which is something offensive linemen on this team are often asked to do.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I'm not going just on the combine, I meant after everything since the end of last season. At the senior bowl he played very well at tackle, and at the combine he showed that he has the athletic ability. Yeah he may not have the lateral movement of an elite LT, but that's not what we'd be drafting him for; obviously his strength is guard and that's what we would draft him for. The point is, between the Senior Bowl and combine he showed that he could take over tackle if he had to, not necessarily start there regularly, which is something offensive linemen on this team are often asked to do.
I think at the Senior Bowl and Combine, that he showed he is naturally a RT. The mirror drill, wave drill and kick slide at the combine showed that he probably doesnt have the feet for LT.

I've got to go over some game film, but I watched him play guard 2 years ago vs S. Carolina and he gets his nose over his toes too much and ended up on the ground a lot.

I still question if he is really going to be an effective guard, or is he just gonna be a Gosder Cherilus, Jeff Otah type of guy that is only a RT.