Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Shut up Tony Dungy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
nobody is talkin about lambert, lloyd, or harrison.
Those players would have handed Manning his head bounty or not, So yes we are talking about those players.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Tony Dungy is far more respected, knowledgable and lucid about football than steeltehone, who's proven in 3 little posts to have nothing of substance to say and a dire inability to comprehend words.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Tony Dungy is far more respected, knowledgable and lucid about football than steeltehone, who's proven in 3 little posts to have nothing of substance to say and a dire inability to comprehend words.
You played soccer...And thats ok, my daughter does too. But when i played, players worth their salt as the Harrison, LIoyd, Lambert went for the kill. Nothing personal,thats what football is about.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,190 Times in 3,490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Those players would have handed Manning his head bounty or not, So yes we are talking about those players.
"we"?

youre all alone on this one

.you know who shut up after they retired? chuck noll.

you know who didnt? bill cowher.

anyways fans always bitch and whine about anybody and everybody who works for television or the media in general after they get out of football. join the club.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-06-2012 at 08:18 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
"we"?

youre all alone on this one

.you know who shut up after they retired? chuck noll.

you know who didnt? bill cowher.

anyways fans always bitch and whine about anybody and everybody who works for television or the media in general after they get out of football. join the club.
You cant argue this point...Those players went for the knock out..Thats what this CONTACT sport is about! Nothing personal, just the game.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
tony hipchest

Quote:
the ugly truth is alot of great players wish they coulda handed p. manning his head.

when it comes to longevity and durability manning has and will surpass lambert, lloyd, and harrison. same with favre.

kinda explains why some teams and players feel more comfortable facing an opponent at their weakest.

i do know there are steelerfans who would rather see tom brady, rogers, or manning taken out with a cheap shot 1st play of the game rather than risk losing to them full strength.

of course those are the same fans who think the 05 bungles woulda beat the steelers in the playoffs had kemo not taken carson out.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
You cant argue this point...Those players went for the knock out..Thats what this CONTACT sport is about! Nothing personal, just the game.
actually i can.

YOU cant speak on behalf of james harrison who says there is a difference between trying to hurt someone and injure them. other than maybe the pile drive on vince young, ive never really seen james harrison take a cheap shot at a qb with intent to injure them ouside of the written rules.

i can (and will) argue that all day.

lloyd wasnt a cheapshot artist. he was an angry, fierce, blackbelt in tae kwon do. Kevin green was wrasslin with the WWF. i doubt they had a bounty on troy aikman.

lamber was one of the meanest SOB's in the game during a much different era as was joe green. pretty much apples and oranges. turkey jones should not be able to pile drive t. bradshaw by todays standards.

punching, grabbing, biting, and twisting an opponents balls on the bottom of the pile is just bush league. if you love that, then more power to ya!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #18
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,998 Times in 3,719 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
it's not about the knock out it's about winning. There's no room in football for trying to injure another player.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #19
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,042 Times in 1,785 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Well first off, Dungy was one of the better coaches when he was in the NFL, and I've always respected him. I respected what he brought to the game, and he's always told it like it is. Second off, comparing him to Jesse Jackson is a bit dumb on your part. Whether you mention race or not, it's going to be taken that way, and you should have know that.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #20
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Well first off, Dungy was one of the better coaches when he was in the NFL, and I've always respected him. I respected what he brought to the game, and he's always told it like it is. Second off, comparing him to Jesse Jackson is a bit dumb on your part. Whether you mention race or not, it's going to be taken that way, and you should have know that.
Hey, I think Tony Dungy is a very good and moral man....I just said he sticks his nose in everything as does Jackson.....Go to PFT and read the comments, Many resemble my thoughts on the subject......Having Manning and winning 1 SB takes him out of any top coaching rank.