Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069
Default Re: Madden: No league for old men

Sometimes I wish this guy would just shut up. Anytime I see a article of his, it's either obnoxious or annoying. He's all bark and no bite. He is like the equivalent of Rush Limbaugh.

Last edited by Deserei90; 03-07-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Deserei90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirama24 View Post
I have to completely disagree with you MR. Madden. I believe the steelers didn't utilize Hines at all the way he should have been....
I agree with this. Though no one wants to admit it, if anyone regressed this year it was Big Ben. His decision making was pretty poor. If it weren't for the crappy schedule, we would have been like the Chargers this year (good team, good QB, but just an off year for the QB).

Hines never really had much of a chance to run the routes that made him who he was. He didn't run those plays where he reads and sits in the zone. I understand that his speed and the rising talent ahead of him had plenty to do with that. But like I said, on the field it starts with the QB and Ben was pretty off this year. I know, I know the O-line sucked too. A lot of things went into Hines decline other than his ability. In the end, I kinda still learn towards him just hanging it up.
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Im thinking Hines retires....At least im hoping he does. Imagine what its gonna be like if he went to the Ravens, i cant bare the thought!..."Hines make the right decision"

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Well stated. Hines does not call plays. The plays he was utilized on rarely result in anything of substance anyway. He is a niche receiver; he finds holes, gets open, and makes the play when we need it.

The Steelers and the circumstances turned this season into what it ended up being: Ward being set up on obvious plays just to get some catches and a few yards. The other teams were fully aware of this.

I am not saying they should keep him, or not, but it is the reality of this situation.

Quote:
I have to completely disagree with you MR. Madden. I believe the steelers didn't utilize Hines at all the way he should have been. He is not a big bubble screen guy. He is a guy who can find the holes in a zone and get open. I think this will be one the the worst moves the steelers have made in the last 30 years. I think he had 3 to 4 really good years left in him. I believe he will either be with Wiz in Arizona or he will go were P. Manning goes. wouldn't be a bad spot for him. Though I love the way you talk steelers mark, This time I think your wrong.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #15
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,435 Times in 1,406 Posts

Quote:
I have to completely disagree with you MR. Madden. I believe the steelers didn't utilize Hines at all the way he should have been. He is not a big bubble screen guy. He is a guy who can find the holes in a zone and get open. I think this will be one the the worst moves the steelers have made in the last 30 years. I think he had 3 to 4 really good years left in him. I believe he will either be with Wiz in Arizona or he will go were P. Manning goes. wouldn't be a bad spot for him. Though I love the way you talk steelers mark, This time I think your wrong.
lol 3 to 4 good years ? he'll be 40 by then, not a chance... dude is slower than me
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #16
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Quote:
Wow. Do you really believe this. You have to be pulling our legs right?

If Hines goes to any team this year it will be as a inspiration and sideline coach. If a team signs Hines to play receiver then they truly have the worst evaluation of talent of any team in the league.

Hines isn't a bubble screen guy? Do you really think the Steelers were happy throwing Ward 1 yard passes all season and deliberately avoided throwing him 15-30 yard passes? Do you think the game plan was let's go for the 3 yard gain instead of the 30? They threw Hines those bubble screens because that's the only way he could get open and they were giving him gifts to get to 1000 catches.

Ward won't be with Manning this year. He won't even be playing this year. I've never in almost 35 years of watching football seen a more perfect example of a guy who has hit the end of the road. God Bless him but he is done.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote