Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,382 Times in 2,924 Posts
Default Woodson Questions Haley Hiring by Steelers

This from Ed.B. of the P-G

Former Steelers safety Rod Woodson appeared on The Rich Eisen Podcast this week which aired on NFL Network

On the relationship between Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and offensive coordinator Todd Haley:

Woodson: “It’s a little interesting to see what happens because Bruce [Arians] and Ben [Roethlisberger] had a great relationship. Todd, he hasn’t had a great relationship with anybody ever. It just seems like he doesn’t have a great relationship with anybody that I know.

I’m a little confused about why they would do something like that because it seems like that goes against everything that they are in Pittsburgh in that organization – family, caring for each other, everything is working in one harmony and one unit. This year it’s not, so it’s going to be interesting to see what happens.”

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ng-by-steelers

IMO Art Rooney, for whatever reason, has decided he does not care if Ben will be pals with the new coordinator and that Ben needs a kick in the a** from time to time to raise the level of his game
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Woodson Questions Haley Hiring by Steelers

He should know better than to say something like that, especially with nothing from here yet to even back it up.

I've said this before and i'll say it again (and i really can't believe i have to say this...).

NFL team whose players make the DUMBEST twitter/facebook comments and probably near the bottom of the barrel when giving interviews as well : the Pittsburgh Steelers
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,071 Times in 3,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post

NFL team whose players make the DUMBEST twitter/facebook comments and probably near the bottom of the barrel when giving interviews as well : the Pittsburgh Steelers
i cant believe you really had to say this as well.

you ever hear any dallas cowboys give interview? emmit wordsmith makes some of them sound like morons.

how bout ANY team who has a player from THE U of miami?

since it is YOUR opinion, that you really cant prove (while i may not agree with EVERYTHING he says, rod gives great, intelligent analysis and insight) and being that i can come up with dozens of cases to the contrary, i will just say i disagree 100%.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,894 Times in 947 Posts

didnt Kurt Warner say something to the effect of Haley challenged him to be better and Warner said it was good for him?

I love Rod Woodson, but sometimes he comes off as bitter for the Steelers not extending his deal and letting him walk. Will know this year how it goes.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i cant believe you really had to say this as well.

you ever hear any dallas cowboys give interview? emmit wordsmith makes some of them sound like morons.

how bout ANY team who has a player from THE U of miami?

since it is YOUR opinion, that you really cant prove (while i may not agree with EVERYTHING he says, rod gives great, intelligent analysis and insight) and being that i can come up with dozens of cases to the contrary, i will just say i disagree 100%.

Well, our players have certainly been on a role in the last year with insanely stupid comments from the mouths of Mendenhall, Pouncey, Ryan Clark, and others.
I'll bet Woodley would like to have that statement back if he could do it, he probably subconsciously slipped for a minute, forgetting that everything you say goes viral these days.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
didnt Kurt Warner say something to the effect of Haley challenged him to be better and Warner said it was good for him?

I love Rod Woodson, but sometimes he comes off as bitter for the Steelers not extending his deal and letting him walk. Will know this year how it goes.
Kurt Warner is the perfect human being, can not compare him to anyone, let alone the Big Stubborn ass.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #7
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

almost everyone here thought exactly what Woodson said when we heard Haley's name thrown into the mix as a possible OC. time will tell if it was a good choice or bad one but odds are it will work out just like it always does
Old 03-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

It seems like a good observation based on facts,that comes from someone who should know. Nothing he said is really out of line or surprising.

It makes for interesting conversation.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,253 Times in 3,484 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

I agree, there's nothing new with what he's said. It's just the fact of who is saying it. Personally, I'll wait and see how they play and I'm surprised that Woodson brought this up before seeing what Haley does.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Well, our players have certainly been on a role in the last year with insanely stupid comments from the mouths of Mendenhall, Pouncey, Ryan Clark, and others.
I'll bet Woodley would like to have that statement back if he could do it, he probably subconsciously slipped for a minute, forgetting that everything you say goes viral these days.
ROD WOODSON made the comments, not LaMarr Woodley.

when i first opened the thread, i thought it was about Woodley as well.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote