Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
harts
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7323
Default Re: Don't Be Too Concerned If We Don't Sign Wallace

without Wallace
Ben is gonna have to be more like Tom Brady.
We wont have Mendy week one

essentially we would be equal offensive wise to the 05 Super Bowl Team
except this time we have an expierienced Ben and a subpar running game (That year we had a good running game and a 2nd year Ben)

Haley is here for a reason
so the offense is gonna change
but again Ben is Ben and will always be Ben
He is not Tom Brady
He's a Big Michael Vick who extends plays and make plays on his own

Wallace is essential to giving Ben some space
remember what happened to the Pats once Moss was gone?
They became Dink and Dunk

Antonio Brown is good but he is no Wes Welker yet.

Without Wallace or Mendy their wont be much of a running game or a deep threat passing game

team will just stack the box and tee off
7-9 anyone?
harts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #32
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

While I understand it may not happen due to our cap issues, I think bringing Mike Wallace back (and to a lesser extent, Cotchery) should be among our highest off-season priorities. I say this for one simple reason: this is becoming a pass-happy league, plain and simple, and thus wideouts are increasing in value. If we can bring both of our FA wideouts back, we have a very good 1-4 corps with AB, Wallace, Cotch and Sanders. If we lose one or both of them, we are significantly depleted at the position and Ben's play will suffer accordingly.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #33
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
1) Letting Wallace go will give you one first round pick, not two.

2) Wallace was picked at third round, it doesn't mean that he's not a first round talent. He has shown that he is. I bet all teams who need a WR are willing to pick him in the first round if they know how well he turns out to be.

3) Our QB certainly doesn't suck at throwing those 40-yard bombs when he plays with two legs instead of one like last year second half of the season.

4) The extra first round pick is valuable. It doesn't mean that Wallace is easily replacable.

5) I'm sure the Steelers draw the line for how much they should spend on Wallace. So no worries about signing Brown if they do sign Wallace.

6) That's being said, I'm not concerned if we don't sign Wallace.
1) Sorry, letting wallace go would give us an additional 1st rounder, hence the 2 picks in rd 1. I misspoke

2) I disagree, I honestly don't think he is first round talent. Those receivers are usually the ones who have the physical tools to be dominant. Wallace is a burner who has developed into a capable route runner. It was his biggest knock coming out of college, but he still lacks the size and strength you want from a big time #1 WR. Obviously draft order is meaningless unless they are used to their strengths, which I personally don't think Ben is very good at throwing the long ball. I know he has connected plenty of times, but only because wallace has adjusted or come back for the ball. The only clean long pass play that comes to mind between the two was against arizona, that 95 yard bomb. That was pretty.

3) See #2. He is very hit or miss, healthy or not. Other teams have little to no deep threats and have no problem scoring.

4.) For what speed he brings, of course not. But we could easily bring in another athletic TE and adjust to a different style of attacking and get the job done. As they say there is more than one way to skin a cat.

5.) If they value Wallace over Brown I can't really blame them. I just really like the attitude of Brown and the kind of player he is. Hate to see him leave is all.

6.) Me neither. I'd be stoked to get an extra 1st rounder, especially if it's up near the middle of the round.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #34
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,618 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post

If you don't think Brown is a better overall receiver then

[YOUTUBE]pWdd6_ZxX8c[/YOUTUBE]

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote