Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

I just really do believe that Jerricho Cotchery is one of those types of Steelers signings that would be a HUGE part in chasing after a Lombardi, Pittsburgh-style. I really do. I love everything about his attitude and what he brings to the table as a wideout at what? Only 29-30 years old. I believe the Steelers would miss the boat if he signs elsewhere.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I just really do believe that Jerricho Cotchery is one of those types of Steelers signings that would be a HUGE part in chasing after a Lombardi, Pittsburgh-style. I really do. I love everything about his attitude and what he brings to the table as a wideout at what? Only 29-30 years old. I believe the Steelers would miss the boat if he signs elsewhere.
I'm with you, Still. I've been saying that Cotchery should be a priority since the end of the season. He's the obvious veteran successor to Ward and should be signed.

We've gone from arguably the deepest WR corps in the NFL to now potentially losing Ward, Wallace, AND Cotchery this off-season. I'm sure the uncertainty of Wallace's status may be what's holding this up, but I sure hope we don't shit the bed and lose all three. That would suck.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
FrancoLambert
Head Coach
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 1,902
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 1,674
Thanked 1,498 Times in 783 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
I agree. I would not even entertain negotiations now. He isnt going to use that group of dysfunctional retards against us to get a better deal. Screw that.

There are plenty fo WR's out there who can be a 4th wr or compete for a 3rd. I rather bring in Plax, he will get plenty of action as a 3 or 4. Sanders won't be healthy all year anyway.
Plax over Cotchery? Not for me.
Cotchery's a great fit for us. Great attitude, works hard, team guy.
Does that describe Plaxico?
It would be a real blow to our depth at WR if we lose Cotchery.
He would immediately improve the depth charts at WR for most if not all NFL teams.
He may not be a "big name" but he is the type of player you need to have depth that can contribute in a big spot.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,630
Member Number: 11678
Thanks: 54
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Cothery can be replaced, easily.

Wallace can't be replaced.

A depth player is a million plus tops.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Cothery can be replaced, easily.

Wallace can't be replaced.

A depth player is a million plus tops.
I believe both can be replaced actually. I'm totally not sold on Wallace's sportsmanship to teams concepts. Seemed like he moped his cocky-ass around at the end of the season when his QB was clearly getting clocked. He couldn't churn in any other specialty to the his game and gave up in San Fran (my eyeball test.)

Wallace's speed is unmatchable, but I'd take Cotchery's attitude and will to win over Mike Wallace's cocky nature of a human being. I'm starting to pull off the Wallace bandwagon for some reason. We can throw the ball up to anyone. Lets get a mother f*cker in here that'll go across the middle of defense's like Baltimore and San Francisco. Cotchery WOULD do that.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,720
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,497
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I believe both can be replaced actually. I'm totally not sold on Wallace's sportsmanship to teams concepts. Seemed like he moped his cocky-ass around at the end of the season when his QB was clearly getting clocked. He couldn't churn in any other specialty to the his game and gave up in San Fran (my eyeball test.)

Wallace's speed is unmatchable, but I'd take Cotchery's attitude and will to win over Mike Wallace's cocky nature of a human being. I'm starting to pull off the Wallace bandwagon for some reason. We can throw the ball up to anyone. Lets get a mother f*cker in here that'll go across the middle of defense's like Baltimore and San Francisco. Cotchery WOULD do that.
agree. wallace's attitude bothered me at the mid-end of the season. cotchery didn't complain about not getting thrown to at all, he just shut up and played the game, and did it well with the limited playing time he had.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Also, at the end of the game at Denver, who was the one to make the outrageous & phenomenal catch deep along the sidelines, spread-out? Emmanuel Sanders. We'll be fine losing Wallace if it comes to it.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,630
Member Number: 11678
Thanks: 54
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Cocthery didnt complain?lol Would you if you were making a 1million for doing nothing?lol

Hopefully Redman performs for you guys. But RB's will not carry this team for long. Actually they will carry us, to a high 1st round pick.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Cocthery didnt complain?lol Would you if you were making a 1million for doing nothing?lol

Hopefully Redman performs for you guys. But RB's will not carry this team for long. Actually they will carry us, to a high 1st round pick.
Redman can carry us and so can Heath Miller, Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jericho Cotchery. I believe Haley is going to come up with a nice scheme and really study our players, something Arians did NOT do. David Johnson, LOL.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,720
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,497
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Also, at the end of the game at Denver, who was the one to make the outrageous & phenomenal catch deep along the sidelines, spread-out? Emmanuel Sanders. We'll be fine losing Wallace if it comes to it.
if sanders can stay healthy, he will be a star in this league. he's faster than brown, but is much better at running routes. he also doesnt mind laying the wood on defenders on running plays. as complete a receiver as it gets, he'd be like hines ward with 4.4 speed.

durability is his only issue at this point. i really hope this guy can string together seasons without getting the injury bug
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts