Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Jets show interest to Cotchery

I just really do believe that Jerricho Cotchery is one of those types of Steelers signings that would be a HUGE part in chasing after a Lombardi, Pittsburgh-style. I really do. I love everything about his attitude and what he brings to the table as a wideout at what? Only 29-30 years old. I believe the Steelers would miss the boat if he signs elsewhere.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I just really do believe that Jerricho Cotchery is one of those types of Steelers signings that would be a HUGE part in chasing after a Lombardi, Pittsburgh-style. I really do. I love everything about his attitude and what he brings to the table as a wideout at what? Only 29-30 years old. I believe the Steelers would miss the boat if he signs elsewhere.
I'm with you, Still. I've been saying that Cotchery should be a priority since the end of the season. He's the obvious veteran successor to Ward and should be signed.

We've gone from arguably the deepest WR corps in the NFL to now potentially losing Ward, Wallace, AND Cotchery this off-season. I'm sure the uncertainty of Wallace's status may be what's holding this up, but I sure hope we don't shit the bed and lose all three. That would suck.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,498 Times in 783 Posts
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
I agree. I would not even entertain negotiations now. He isnt going to use that group of dysfunctional retards against us to get a better deal. Screw that.

There are plenty fo WR's out there who can be a 4th wr or compete for a 3rd. I rather bring in Plax, he will get plenty of action as a 3 or 4. Sanders won't be healthy all year anyway.
Plax over Cotchery? Not for me.
Cotchery's a great fit for us. Great attitude, works hard, team guy.
Does that describe Plaxico?
It would be a real blow to our depth at WR if we lose Cotchery.
He would immediately improve the depth charts at WR for most if not all NFL teams.
He may not be a "big name" but he is the type of player you need to have depth that can contribute in a big spot.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Cothery can be replaced, easily.

Wallace can't be replaced.

A depth player is a million plus tops.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Cothery can be replaced, easily.

Wallace can't be replaced.

A depth player is a million plus tops.
I believe both can be replaced actually. I'm totally not sold on Wallace's sportsmanship to teams concepts. Seemed like he moped his cocky-ass around at the end of the season when his QB was clearly getting clocked. He couldn't churn in any other specialty to the his game and gave up in San Fran (my eyeball test.)

Wallace's speed is unmatchable, but I'd take Cotchery's attitude and will to win over Mike Wallace's cocky nature of a human being. I'm starting to pull off the Wallace bandwagon for some reason. We can throw the ball up to anyone. Lets get a mother f*cker in here that'll go across the middle of defense's like Baltimore and San Francisco. Cotchery WOULD do that.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
I believe both can be replaced actually. I'm totally not sold on Wallace's sportsmanship to teams concepts. Seemed like he moped his cocky-ass around at the end of the season when his QB was clearly getting clocked. He couldn't churn in any other specialty to the his game and gave up in San Fran (my eyeball test.)

Wallace's speed is unmatchable, but I'd take Cotchery's attitude and will to win over Mike Wallace's cocky nature of a human being. I'm starting to pull off the Wallace bandwagon for some reason. We can throw the ball up to anyone. Lets get a mother f*cker in here that'll go across the middle of defense's like Baltimore and San Francisco. Cotchery WOULD do that.
agree. wallace's attitude bothered me at the mid-end of the season. cotchery didn't complain about not getting thrown to at all, he just shut up and played the game, and did it well with the limited playing time he had.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Also, at the end of the game at Denver, who was the one to make the outrageous & phenomenal catch deep along the sidelines, spread-out? Emmanuel Sanders. We'll be fine losing Wallace if it comes to it.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Cocthery didnt complain?lol Would you if you were making a 1million for doing nothing?lol

Hopefully Redman performs for you guys. But RB's will not carry this team for long. Actually they will carry us, to a high 1st round pick.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Cocthery didnt complain?lol Would you if you were making a 1million for doing nothing?lol

Hopefully Redman performs for you guys. But RB's will not carry this team for long. Actually they will carry us, to a high 1st round pick.
Redman can carry us and so can Heath Miller, Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jericho Cotchery. I believe Haley is going to come up with a nice scheme and really study our players, something Arians did NOT do. David Johnson, LOL.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,345 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Also, at the end of the game at Denver, who was the one to make the outrageous & phenomenal catch deep along the sidelines, spread-out? Emmanuel Sanders. We'll be fine losing Wallace if it comes to it.
if sanders can stay healthy, he will be a star in this league. he's faster than brown, but is much better at running routes. he also doesnt mind laying the wood on defenders on running plays. as complete a receiver as it gets, he'd be like hines ward with 4.4 speed.

durability is his only issue at this point. i really hope this guy can string together seasons without getting the injury bug
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote