Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 333 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Free Agents that may come cheap!

These are some lineman that may not cost us much if we have the room!

OL
Stephon Heyer OT UFA 6-6" 330 lbs 5yrs Old team: Raiders Starting experience with 2 teams
Eric Winston OT Released 6-7" 302 lbs 6yrs Old team: Texans Would start right away!
Kraig Urbik OG RFA 6-5" 329 lbs 3yrs Old team: Bills Has improved greatly IMO since he left...
Jake Scott OG UFA 6-5" 292 lbs 8yrs Old team: Titans Would look great in Black & Gold
Eric Steinbach OG Released 6-6" 295 lbs 9yrs Old team: Browns Solid G that wants to win!
Mike Pollak OG UFA 6-3" 301 lbs 4yrs Old team: Colts Young and probably doesn't want to go thru another season like the Colts just had...
Kory Lichtensteiger OG RFA 6-2" 292 lbs 3yrs Old team: Redskins Liked him coming out of college
Deuce Lutui OG UFA 6-4" 338 lbs 6yrs Old team: Cardinals Starter on Dessert Steelers....

CB
Adam Jones CB UFA 5-10" 188 lbs 5yrs Old team: Bengals I know, CRAZY! But he kept clean last season in Cincy of all places and maybe he can play across from Ike...
Tracy Porter CB UFA 5-11" 186 lbs 4yrs Old team: Saints Pipedream... He'll cost too much
Marcus Trufant CB Released 5-11" 197 lbs 9 lbs Old team: Seahawks Depends on his speed...


FB
Tony Fiammetta FB Released 6-0" 242 lbs 3 yrs Old team: Cowboys Young, hard worker... Did a good job when healthy
Owen Schmitt FB UFA 6-2" 245 lbs 4yrs Old team: Eagles Absolutely would love to have him here!!!

QB
Shaun Hill QB UFA 6-3" 220 lbs 10yrs Old team: Lions Say what you want but I love this guy!!!
Kevin O'Connell QB UFA 6-5" 225 lbs 4yrs Old team: NY Jets Want to know everything the Jets and Patriots have up their sleeves?
__________________
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
pittpete
Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 407
Member Number: 5301
Thanks: 125
Thanked 237 Times in 138 Posts
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Quote:
Adam Jones CB UFA 5-10" 188 lbs 5yrs Old team: Bengals I know, CRAZY! But he kept clean last season in Cincy of all places and maybe he can play across from Ike..
Even if he played for nothing we wouldnt take him.....
__________________
pittpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,872
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Steinbach not going to play for cheap either.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,983
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 543
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,701 Posts
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
These are some lineman that may not cost us much if we have the room!

OL
Stephon Heyer OT UFA 6-6" 330 lbs 5yrs Old team: Raiders Starting experience with 2 teams
Eric Winston OT Released 6-7" 302 lbs 6yrs Old team: Texans Would start right away!
Kraig Urbik OG RFA 6-5" 329 lbs 3yrs Old team: Bills Has improved greatly IMO since he left...
Jake Scott OG UFA 6-5" 292 lbs 8yrs Old team: Titans Would look great in Black & Gold
Eric Steinbach OG Released 6-6" 295 lbs 9yrs Old team: Browns Solid G that wants to win!
Mike Pollak OG UFA 6-3" 301 lbs 4yrs Old team: Colts Young and probably doesn't want to go thru another season like the Colts just had...
Kory Lichtensteiger OG RFA 6-2" 292 lbs 3yrs Old team: Redskins Liked him coming out of college
Deuce Lutui OG UFA 6-4" 338 lbs 6yrs Old team: Cardinals Starter on Dessert Steelers....

CB
Adam Jones CB UFA 5-10" 188 lbs 5yrs Old team: Bengals I know, CRAZY! But he kept clean last season in Cincy of all places and maybe he can play across from Ike...
Tracy Porter CB UFA 5-11" 186 lbs 4yrs Old team: Saints Pipedream... He'll cost too much
Marcus Trufant CB Released 5-11" 197 lbs 9 lbs Old team: Seahawks Depends on his speed...


FB
Tony Fiammetta FB Released 6-0" 242 lbs 3 yrs Old team: Cowboys Young, hard worker... Did a good job when healthy
Owen Schmitt FB UFA 6-2" 245 lbs 4yrs Old team: Eagles Absolutely would love to have him here!!!

QB
Shaun Hill QB UFA 6-3" 220 lbs 10yrs Old team: Lions Say what you want but I love this guy!!!
Kevin O'Connell QB UFA 6-5" 225 lbs 4yrs Old team: NY Jets Want to know everything the Jets and Patriots have up their sleeves?
- Winston is gonna get a BIG payday
-Urbik was tendered and is a RFA
-Lutui isnt that good....downgrade from Kemo.
-Pollack is too light, a zone block guy that never panned out( but Mayock ranked him highly)
- Jake Scott is the only one I would want on the list. Tracy Porter is good, but will not be cheap.

I still think somebody like LB Erin Henderson or OT Anthony Collins could be in the cards later in FA.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 333 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
- Winston is gonna get a BIG payday
-Urbik was tendered and is a RFA
-Lutui isnt that good....downgrade from Kemo.
-Pollack is too light, a zone block guy that never panned out( but Mayock ranked him highly)
- Jake Scott is the only one I would want on the list. Tracy Porter is good, but will not be cheap.

I still think somebody like LB Erin Henderson or OT Anthony Collins could be in the cards later in FA.
Hadn't made it that far yet but I'd love him to sign....
__________________
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
19ward86
Head Coach
 
19ward86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, Ohio
Posts: 1,987
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2717
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Ill take Owen Schmitt 10 times out of 10
__________________
[YOUTUBE]PGrTvNzGCZE[/YOUTUBE]
You must watch this video.
19ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,983
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 543
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,701 Posts
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
Ill take Owen Schmitt 10 times out of 10
Why?? In 4 seasons in the NFL he has done nothing.

would rather draft FB Bradie Ewing in the 6th or 7th round if we even are going to use a FB.

I also would not mind Early Doucet at WR if the price is right. Replacement for Ward/Cotchery.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:02 AM   #8
Dalarin
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 228
Member Number: 23936
Thanks: 93
Thanked 53 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
- Winston is gonna get a BIG payday
-Urbik was tendered and is a RFA
-Lutui isnt that good....downgrade from Kemo.
-Pollack is too light, a zone block guy that never panned out( but Mayock ranked him highly)
- Jake Scott is the only one I would want on the list. Tracy Porter is good, but will not be cheap.

I still think somebody like LB Erin Henderson or OT Anthony Collins could be in the cards later in FA.
Scott is too small for us to want him. I liked Urbik from the beginning but being a RFA we won't take him. That and we need a LG more. Even if we instill a fullback the LG needs to pull and I can't see Urbik becoming a good pulling guard overnight.
Dalarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,311
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 2,095
Thanked 5,090 Times in 2,157 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

6 yrs old, 8 yrs old? Lot's of toddlers on this list
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
pancake
Head Coach
 
pancake's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 1,968
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13552
Thanks: 512
Thanked 794 Times in 395 Posts
My Mood: Sick
Default Re: Free Agents that may come cheap!

Pacman was arrested last year in cincy.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts