Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #61
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Colon to RT

Adams was by no means an upgrade Colon. That's just a load of crap. "Spin it any way you want", but saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. Also, Chris Scott was only cut so they could add him to the practice squad. For all you know he might be a starter this year. With Kemoeatu gone and Starks and Essex likely to not be re-signed, he stands a very strong chance of making the active roster this season. Learn your facts: some friendly advice.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #62
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Adams was by no means an upgrade Colon. That's just a load of crap. "Spin it any way you want", but saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. Also, Chris Scott was only cut so they could add him to the practice squad. For all you know he might be a starter this year. With Kemoeatu gone and Starks and Essex likely to not be re-signed, he stands a very strong chance of making the active roster this season. Learn your facts: some friendly advice.

If you couldnt tell Adams was better then colon had been the year before at RT then its you that must not have been watching.. Shit every place I looked people wanted adams back.. so I guess your not one of them..oh well All I can say is Adams played lights out and was prob our Best lineman that year. as far as your next statement " Chris Scott was only cut so they could add him to the practice squad " Uh Yeah.....OK ... WOW!!! I really cant think of anything to say back. What does that say about him that would be good???????

Believe it or not I do agree with you that yes players can get better.. Chris Scott may come out and look much better this year but I still say if he was the answer we are looking for then he wouldnt have been cut to begin with. You dont see guys like pouncey and Gilbert get cut.. they start and play solid as rookies..

One last thing???? learn my facts is what you said
... what the hell are you talking about??? what facts... the fact that Kemo is gone and Essex may be etc.... is that what your talking about as facts???? if so Im pretty sure most steeler fans with a brain already know those things and I understand Scott will have a shot at making the team this year...

However and here is a fact and my main difference I have with your logic...

FACT...

The Steelers need to address the O line with the intention of being great up front..not average... So to me that means the Steelers shouldnt be worried about weather or not Chris Scott can make your team or not this year... The FACT that he was cut already tells me he is not what we are looking for long term.. We need draft picks like Pouncey that there is no doubt about... So draft me a stud Rt that can come right in and be solid move Willie to Guard and lets be solid...

Thats what championship teams like the Steelers do... Clubs like the Browns and Bungles dont address problems and hope guys they cut all of a sudden turn into heros of the league...

oh and before you use the only example I know of... James harrison... Yes I agree ti can happen from time to time.. so maybe we will get lucky and Chris Scott turns into the next Alan F this year... who knows but in the mean time I hope the Steelers have plans of drafting O line sometime with in our first two picks... If Not I think we will regret it big time. and please tell me what facts Im suppose to work on gettting better on... I know our team pretty good as Im sure you do.. so if you could tell me what facts Im missing it would be great.
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #63
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,758 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
His contact was 5 years 20 mil... basically 4 mil a year..to me that was to much for a guy that was average guard in NFL and most teams would have cut out of camp.. Like we did this year.. Its a shame it took us a few years to see what most everyone else could tell years ago.. Kemo sucked and was a waste of time. Getting blew up in the superbowl may have cost of that game to add to insult
Kemo was actually a guy with a 2nd or 3rd round grade on him coming out of college, but had anger management issues that slid him to later in the draft. He was a guy that is a solid run blocker and moves well for a man that size, but not the greatest pass protector.

IMO, he wasnt a waste of time, but rather a guy they drafted and developed into a dominant run blocker, but was below average in pass protection. I bet he still gets a decent payday by somebody if his knees check out.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #64
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,758 Times in 1,302 Posts

Oh, and Chris Scott was cut due to the need to sign Max Starks because of injuries to Jon Scott and Marcus Gilbert. They were down pretty much Essex and Chris Scott as the only guys that could play OT and needed somebody with LT talent.

I still stand by the belief that Chris Scott is going to be a good OG or RT in the NFL and could be on the opening day roster for the Steelers. Just because the Steelers cut an O lineman, doesnt mean he cant play. Just look at Hank Fraley and former 3rd round pick kraig Urbik.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #65
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

People are tossing the word "facts" around willy-nilly. You know, there are statistical breakdowns of offensive linemen floating around cyberspace. We don't need to resort to what Steeler Nation feels about things to decide whether a guy is any good.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #66
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
People are tossing the word "facts" around willy-nilly. You know, there are statistical breakdowns of offensive linemen floating around cyberspace. We don't need to resort to what Steeler Nation feels about things to decide whether a guy is any good.
Which is why I mentioned "facts" to begin with. I don't know how many times people have to be pointed out that Willie Colon gave up the fewest percentage of QB pressures of all tackles in the entire league in 2008-2009. And to most Steelers fans, they viewed Colon as a road grader.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-linemen/

Note that Flozell Adams is in the bottom 15, and that no team wanted to sign him last season, while Willie Colon turned down more money from another team.

Quote:
With Colon missing for the year, the Steelers were without a guy who, over the previous two years, had given up only 43 QB disruptions, and the team finished among the worst pass protection units in the league. By contrast, 2010 saw Flozell Adams give up 46 in 578 snaps in pass protection. So, for a team in need of a sound pass protector on the right side they’d do well to remember just how good Colon has been before injury wiped him from the memory of some.

And, yes, you do have to be good to finish ahead of Jake Long.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #67
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Exactly. He's good, or at least he was. This revisionist history on him has to stop. Now, whether or not he can maintain his previous levels of production remains to be seen, but I'm confident, as is - evidently - the Steeler FO.