Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #21
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: Steelers To Extend Brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I would love to see Brown get extended. If they lock up Wallace and Brown the receiving staff will be set for the next four seasons if not longer.
Additionally, I don't think there is a player on our team I'd rather see get a contract extension than Brown. I've been trying to think of one and can't.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #22
TomBradyWearsUggsLOL
Water Boy

Member Number: 23976

Like a lot of other posters, I think Brown is the best overall receiver on the team. I get the whole "opening up the underneath routes" that comes from having Wallace, but I still prefer Brown. The ONLY thing Wallace has on him is that dazzling speed, and even then Brown is no slouch himself with 4.3 speed. Truthfully, how many of you trust Wallace more than Brown to make the critical catch?

With that said, I'm a huge Wallace fan. I'd love if somehow we kept both of them, just don't see it. Guess it depends on Antonio's production this year. We need to do the right thing and lock him up ASAP, though. Otherwise he'll command some hefty numbers also.
TomBradyWearsUggsLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #23
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

The best receiver on the team might be Sanders. Missed time on the field may not have let him show it yet.
At least the Steelers thought so, as they took him in the 3rd round, 82nd pick overall. We took Brown in the 6th and Wallace the year before with the 84th pick.

Would love to keep all 3, but I think the Steelers feel there may not be much drop off if they lose Wallace.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
The best receiver on the team might be Sanders. Missed time on the field may not have let him show it yet.
At least the Steelers thought so, as they took him in the 3rd round, 82nd pick overall. We took Brown in the 6th and Wallace the year before with the 84th pick.

Would love to keep all 3, but I think the Steelers feel there may not be much drop off if they lose Wallace.
Could be, we just don't know, you know?

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Failure to sign Brown, and allowing him to be taken, would seriously jeopardize my faith in the Steelers' front office.......if they know what's good for them, they'll lock him up ASAP.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #26
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
Failure to sign Brown, and allowing him to be taken, would seriously jeopardize my faith in the Steelers' front office.......if they know what's good for them, they'll lock him up ASAP.
I really agree. That's why I hope the report is right and the team tries to get a deal done with him prior to the start of this season.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #27
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

People say no way a team gives up a #1 for Brown next year. But what if Brown gets like over 1200 yards, several returns for TDs and makes a pro bowl. He already is known nationally and is praised by many and the fact the FA WRs next year won't be anything like this year making Brown the best WR free agent out there. Who knows? Most free agent years the players available are only above average this year is a fluke.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #28
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
People say no way a team gives up a #1 for Brown next year. But what if Brown gets like over 1200 yards, several returns for TDs and makes a pro bowl. He already is known nationally and is praised by many and the fact the FA WRs next year won't be anything like this year making Brown the best WR free agent out there. Who knows? Most free agent years the players available are only above average this year is a fluke.
I'd say the chances of this happening are just as likely as they would have been with Wallace. Although I never thought we'd lose Wallace.