Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
Default Re: When is Ryan Clark going to shut up?

Legend? Is that you grandpa clark?lol

Tomlin has no power over the players in the off season. Zippo. Good luck in shutting down their twittering, lol. The internet sucks in a lot of ways, Twitter, Facebook etc to name a few.

Than add a dumbass with access to twitter and you get people like Clark.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
In this instance he didn't say anything untrue, but as a whole, all these tweets are getting ridiculous. The tweets after the SB alone, IMO, were long over due, other then that just stop talking. I liked it way more when there was no word out of Pittsburgh players or FO.
+ 1

Why did he have to say anything at all? It's not about being "muzzled", its just staying away from dumb comments. Here we go again....another Steeler "tweeting" unneeded remarks.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #13
Wallace108

Member Number:

I'd prefer that Ryan just focus on the Steelers and not worry so much about what other teams are doing.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
+ 1

Why did he have to say anything at all? It's not about being "muzzled", its just staying away from dumb comments. Here we go again....another Steeler "tweeting" unneeded remarks.
Yes, you wouldn't see this type of stuff under Cowher. Tomlin is more of a players coach, which is fine, but maybe he needs to reinforce what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. This goes past the Miami Dolphins, who cares about them, it goes to discipline and professionalism which we are supposed to be all about.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,293 Times in 644 Posts

I dont see the problem. Clark is actually a well spoken guy with a wit about him that I enjoy.

So, if the Dolphins organization is a gong show for some reason, a guy is gonna tweet about it at times. Sapp said that guys used to call him about how the Raiders were as a team, when they were looking at free agency and Sapp said he told them dont do it.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520

The only thing that I can possibly say about this one way or another is that he doesn't need to help anybody by giving advice. What do I mean by this? Well, it's pretty apparent that Clark really likes football, and enjoys giving his take on anything he might be paying attention to, or something he is, or was, involved in. He almost went to the Dullphins, so he has perspective on the situation that others may not have. So, I definitely respect his desire to be knowledgeable about the sport, and his ability to use that information to help the Steelers.

That being said......don't help anyone out! If another team has a fatal flaw, don't point it out for them.......let 'em wallow in their own stupidity! Honestly though, I really don't think this recent statement amounts to anything at all, and I seriously doubt the ownership of ANY team in the NFL would listen to anything that any player said on Twitter.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I dont see the problem. Clark is actually a well spoken guy with a wit about him that I enjoy.

So, if the Dolphins organization is a gong show for some reason, a guy is gonna tweet about it at times. Sapp said that guys used to call him about how the Raiders were as a team, when they were looking at free agency and Sapp said he told them dont do it.

He talks to much. Keep these types of things in house, and Warren Sapp is an idiot so comparing Clark to him just shows that we should be doing something different.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #18
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
Yes, you wouldn't see this type of stuff under Cowher.
Oh please. Porter ran his mouth nonstop. If Twitter were around at the time, I have no doubt he would've had diarrhea of the keyboard with it.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Oh please. Porter ran his mouth nonstop. If Twitter were around at the time, I have no doubt he would've had diarrhea of the keyboard with it.
2 years ago on nfl network they asked joey if he had a twitter account.

with a look as serious as a heart attack he said "do i look like i tweet?"
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,293 Times in 644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
He talks to much. Keep these types of things in house, and Warren Sapp is an idiot so comparing Clark to him just shows that we should be doing something different.
Thats your opinion. I find Sapp to be hilarious and entertaining. A lot of Steeler fans hate on him for saying the defense was old and slow, I get it......but he was right.

Clark is an intelligent and well spoken man. NFL player rep and family man. I havent had a problem with a thing that he has tweeted yet. I dont know that he has said anything incorrect on twitter, so cant fault a man for free speech that isnt detrimental to his own team.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/3-n6NTh_kH0[/YOUTUBE]