Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts
Default Re: When is Ryan Clark going to shut up?

Oh the horror! Ryan has really crossed the line with this twitter stuff now! I hope the Rooneys fire him immediately!

Steelers FS Ryan Clark Bashes Duke Via Twitter, Suspension Now In Order

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...miami-dolphins

Quote:
by Neal Coolong on Mar 19, 2012 9:01 AM EDT

In the most egregious display of opinionated rhetoric, Steelers FS Ryan Clark (Public Enemy No. 25) recently crossed all lines of decency.

But this time, it was a shot at a teammate. Sort of.

Putting class aside, Clark had the nerve to point out to Steelers TE Weslye Saunders, a fan of Duke University, its basketball team had lost to No. 15 seed Lehigh in the first round of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

And Clark even went out of his way to point out he "liked Duke" at one point, but his reveling in the misery of Saunders, apparently a fan of the Blue Devils, shows just how tasteless Clark is.

It started with Saunders' Tweet, stating emphatically there was a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament that wouldn't lose, and that was Duke.

After Lehigh upset Duke 65-60, Clark added insult to Saunders' injury:

Oh the humanity.

Saunders pleads with Clark to stop the merciless attacks, but Clark continues on, kicking babies and puppies in third world countries while he rips into Saunders, Duke and the American Way of Life.

The crisis Clark started forced Internet hacks writing from basements all over the world to take Clark to the shed, writing their standard "I follow Twitter and Ryan Clark is Trending" boilerplate story.

Clark ended his weekend with a slightly less offensive Tweet, summarizing our need to constantly berate him like the outstanding societal watchdogs we are.

just don't understand who this man thinks he is.

(see link for offensive tweets)
Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
2 years ago on nfl network they asked joey if he had a twitter account.

with a look as serious as a heart attack he said "do i look like i tweet?"
Not really the point. The assertion that was made is that this kind of thing wouldn't have happened under Cowher, when it more than likely would have. How quickly people forget Porter calling Kellen Winslow II a "fag" and like an idiot getting ejected for fighting prior to a game against the Browns. This illusion that the Steelers were so much more "disciplined" under Cowher is a crock, plain and simple.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

The thing about Twitter is that if you don't subscribe, then you don't expose yourself to them. So, just don't subscribe and skip all of the stories involving Twitter. For the record, I hate Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
http://http://profootballtalk.nbcspo...-the-dolphins/

Ryan Clark says “no one” wants to join the Dolphins
Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 10:38 PM EDT
So why are the Dolphins having a hard time luring free agents to South Beach? Steelers safety Ryan Clark has a theory.

After Clark congratulated quarterback Matt Flynn on joining the Seahawks via Twitter, one of Clark’s followers writes that “NO ONE wants to go to the Dolphins!” Clark responds by saying, “No one! To believe I almost went there but it was easy decision not to.”

Clark was referring to his decision in 2010 to stay with the Steelers in lieu of joining the Dolphins.

So what’s the issue? Clark later says, “It’s my honest opinion. Not a good guy making decisions.”

Here’s referring, presumably, to G.M. Jeff Ireland.

Clark didn’t specifically say whether other players share his opinion, but it’s implied in the “No one!” tweet.

If it’s true, the Dolphins need to find a way to fix the situation. If it’s not true, the Dolphins need to find a way to reverse a false perception.

This is so annoying, this isn't the first time with this guy. Let own organizations deal with their own problems, don't speak publicly about it. God Mike Tomlin should enact a twitter policy, or just tell Clark to start acting to the class of the Steelers organization. He's also a marginal player at best, who is just a loudmouth.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #24
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

this thread sucks. Sounds like YOU are making something out of nothing. Looks like You're being well groomed my friend.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #25
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Yeah I don't see the big deal here but I really don't pay much attention to Clark. Agree that he is a replaceable player and that Mundy isn't much of a downgrade.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #26
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,470 Times in 2,384 Posts

Quote:
Oh the horror! Ryan has really crossed the line with this twitter stuff now! I hope the Rooneys fire him immediately!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #27
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I follow him on Twitter and he did nothing wrong! He asnwered a question honestly and some people got pissed. Who cares?? He looooovvvveeeeesss Twitter. At least he's not calling out a good team!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Quote:

Your an idiot and not seeing my point at all. I could care less Clark said something about the Dolphins or Duke. All I am saying is that I do not like unnecessary press related to our football team. Let the Jets, Redskins, and Cowboys take care of all that but I see the Steelers being better than that. We are a model NFL franchise, and it should stay that way. With that being said the recent trend of players like Clark saying anything they want doesn't bode well for our organization. We have to change this trend for the sake of this organization. How did it look for us last year when Harrison made those comments about our football team to that magazine? Not good, unnecessary press usually doesn't go well for a football team and just causes distractions . So even with little things like this, we have to start setting a standard to just keep quiet and play football like we have done so well in the past. Maybe you just don't have the mental capacity to understand this. (Waits for you to respond with waaaahhhh)
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #29
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Walk away nothing to see here. I said "KEEP WALKING".
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
Your an idiot and not seeing my point at all. I could care less Clark said something about the Dolphins or Duke. All I am saying is that I do not like unnecessary press related to our football team. Let the Jets, Redskins, and Cowboys take care of all that but I see the Steelers being better than that. We are a model NFL franchise, and it should stay that way. With that being said the recent trend of players like Clark saying anything they want doesn't bode well for our organization. We have to change this trend for the sake of this organization. How did it look for us last year when Harrison made those comments about our football team to that magazine? Not good, unnecessary press usually doesn't go well for a football team and just causes distractions . So even with little things like this, we have to start setting a standard to just keep quiet and play football like we have done so well in the past. Maybe you just don't have the mental capacity to understand this. (Waits for you to respond with waaaahhhh)
who the **** are you? when the hell are you going to shut up? so clark cant judge other football teams? why dont you focus on your work/school/family and quit judging football players? quit wasting time on the internet (just like you demand from ryan).

im sure theres a mop you need to push, a dr. seuss book you need to read, or parents calling that you need to answer.

get over it. all this "class" shit you talk is overrated myth and hyperbole anyways. i bet youre one of the steelerfans who think the steelers are above and beyond all other teams because of "class" and all 31 teams suck like thugs.