Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #51
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,050 Times in 2,139 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: When is Ryan Clark going to shut up?

Tomlin can, has and will discipline players on this team if he feels it's needed. He put Marcus Gilbert on the bench for a game this year because he couldn't make a team meeting for Christs sake. Wouldn't you think he'd do something with these Twitter terrorists, if they are indeed that? That's what some people'd have you believe. Tomlin has made some odd decisions as a coach this year as far as game plan, but I won't begin to say he needs to step up his discipline on these guys. Clark's twitter comment was a dose of reality, and players like Harrison speak the truth annually on their outlets. Don't make a bigger deal out of it than the media already has. I swear Santonio Holmes could give a blunt to a child in front of an officer and the Steelers tweets would make headlines.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #52
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,966 Times in 4,545 Posts

appearantly ryan clark is laughing off the suggestions of people like steelers33 (like the most of us) and is back at it again-

ryan clark‏@RealRClark25

Thank you Mr. Cleveland Browns fan. You have enough to be upset about. God bless RT @BryanReedy: @RealRClark You suck and so does your team.

- FIRE RYAN!!! "he possibly hurt a brownfans feelings!"
Old 03-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #53
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers33 View Post
I never remembered Joey Porter calling the commissioner the devil, and blasting his own teammates behind their back to some random magazine.
I don't remember Harrison or any other Steeler getting ejected from a game (which actually hurts the team) before the opening kickoff for getting into a fight with an opposing player like a jackass during Tomlin's tenure.

Please give the sanctimonious "this wouldn't have happened under Cowher" bullshit a rest already.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #54
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,324 Times in 4,516 Posts
My Mood: Tired

the patriots talk about how classy they are. the patriots are cheaters.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #55
tony hipchest
Supporter

most steelerfans who think the steelers are SOOOO classy have also cited the saints as another "classy" franchise.

most opponents teams fans think the steelers are a bunch of classless cheating thugs.

"classy" is nothing but a catchphrase fans like to throw around to try and make themselves feel good and better than the opponents fans they try to run smack on.

point is every teams fans think they root for the classiest organization in the NFL. i'll argue with them all day, but still...
Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #56
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

One thing no one has pointed out is the amount of exposure the players are getting. Compared to even half a decade ago, these guys are getting more face time then ever. The NFL is booming like never before. Twitter is still relatively NEW. So is facebook. So is the NFL Network (and they're just finally coming into their own over the last 3 seasons) So is TMZ and other venues that do nothing but troll for news that 10 years ago was dusted under the rug and no one cared. Today, everyone is all in these guys business 24/7. Cowher didn't have to deal with twitter or a lot of this mess. And as "classy" as this team is, we are also a tough team that no one wants to play. I think it fits our mold to be able to talk smack, but in a way that isn't tasteless.

One more point, there is a really good chance we will see Ryan Clark in communications in some form or fashion when his playing days are over. He spends extensive time with ESPN and the NFL Network in the offseasons on many shows, sometimes for multiple segments at a time. Whenever there is a hot button issue, the media often seeks out Ryan because he can deliver a well thought out, and well spoken responses. If anyone on this team is going to be the spokesmen to the press and to represent this team, i'd elect Ryan.. your response can't be, "no one should say anything." That's just not a reality in this day and age.
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #57
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCbeauBlak View Post
One thing no one has pointed out is the amount of exposure the players are getting. Compared to even half a decade ago, these guys are getting more face time then ever. The NFL is booming like never before. Twitter is still relatively NEW. So is facebook. So is the NFL Network (and they're just finally coming into their own over the last 3 seasons) So is TMZ and other venues that do nothing but troll for news that 10 years ago was dusted under the rug and no one cared. Today, everyone is all in these guys business 24/7. Cowher didn't have to deal with twitter or a lot of this mess. And as "classy" as this team is, we are also a tough team that no one wants to play. I think it fits our mold to be able to talk smack, but in a way that isn't tasteless.

One more point, there is a really good chance we will see Ryan Clark in communications in some form or fashion when his playing days are over. He spends extensive time with ESPN and the NFL Network in the offseasons on many shows, sometimes for multiple segments at a time. Whenever there is a hot button issue, the media often seeks out Ryan because he can deliver a well thought out, and well spoken responses. If anyone on this team is going to be the spokesmen to the press and to represent this team, i'd elect Ryan.. your response can't be, "no one should say anything." That's just not a reality in this day and age.
I agree with both paragraphs here.

I've heard Ryan in a few Interviews and the kid speaks well, and real smooth. Gives good answers and also speaks the truth with out too much or too little "political correctness" I hope to see him on tv in the future

For what it's worth I feel the same way about Rodney Harrison. Though, He lost A LOT of cool points with me when he started bad mouthing James Harrison about illegal hits. It reminded me he's just an NFL tool and no longer the steroid using helmet to helmet hitting, horse collaring, tackling by the facemask, late hitting, and full of class New England Patriot player he made his name off of.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #58
Wallace108

Member Number:

I hate seeing Steelers fans fight over stupid stuff. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if their opinion is wrong.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #59
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
most steelerfans who think the steelers are SOOOO classy have also cited the saints as another "classy" franchise.

most opponents teams fans think the steelers are a bunch of classless cheating thugs.

"classy" is nothing but a catchphrase fans like to throw around to try and make themselves feel good and better than the opponents fans they try to run smack on.

point is every teams fans think they root for the classiest organization in the NFL. i'll argue with them all day, but still...
So Jets fans think they root for the classiest organization in the NFL, I don't think so. I'm not talking about how the Steelers are viewed on how they play football, but things non-football related that shouldn't make the press. You're also pretty wrong on that there isn't a general perception of the classiest organizations in the NFL. I'd say the Packers are classier than the Jets, but I'm wrong according to your logic. Then again your a moron, so I don't even know why I am using your logic.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #60
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I'd prefer that Ryan just focus on the Steelers and not worry so much about what other teams are doing.
ryan has been spending the entire offseason either training in arizona or spending time with family. in addition to watching film, he has spent about every day of non mandatory off time focusing on the steelers. many people wish that harrison, keisel, hoke, and legursky not hunt. other people wish baron batch not paint with acrylics and spend so much time bashing characters of "The Walking Dead". people on this board would absolutely flip their lids and go bezerk if they realized the type of social lives players like ALL of our young o-line, CB's, wes saunders, william gay, and WR corps had.

saying these players need to shut it down to focus more on the steelers is kinda like saying we should shut this message board down so WE CAN ALL focus more on our jobs and families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I hate seeing Steelers fans fight over stupid stuff. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if their opinion is wrong.
^^^^ another "classy" steeler fan.

i think im in the majority when i say id rather bash non twitter using dickweeds like suggs, lewis, and brady as opposed to harrison and clark.