Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23936
Default Re: Imagine MOCK 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, but I havent seen anything lately on any workouts, post season combine buzz or nothing. 3 months ago around college bowl season I was seeing him ranked as a 7th rounder or UDFA.

I was expecting to hear something about him from Baylor pro day workout, but havent heard a thing.
Can't find much here other than one "had a strong showing" from a nameless source and is certainly not enough to sell anyone.
Dalarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I was big on Jean Baptiste. He is a wildcard. I guess the Steelers will have to make their own conclusions on the guy. I remember Anthony Gray a NT last year. I kept thinking we would draft him at some point and he ended up not even being drafted but signed later by the Steelers. He never made it out of camp. If I were doing a mock now I would probably shoot for Josh Chapman. Not to sure about Mike Martin, or Akiem Hicks both are not written up very well on cbssports.com

This guy might be a dark horse candidate

Hebron Fangupo, DT/NT, BYU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 323.
40 Time: 5.16.
Bench: 36.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
I was big on Jean Baptiste. He is a wildcard. I guess the Steelers will have to make their own conclusions on the guy. I remember Anthony Gray a NT last year. I kept thinking we would draft him at some point and he ended up not even being drafted but signed later by the Steelers. He never made it out of camp. If I were doing a mock now I would probably shoot for Josh Chapman. Not to sure about Mike Martin, or Akiem Hicks both are not written up very well on cbssports.com

This guy might be a dark horse candidate

Hebron Fangupo, DT/NT, BYU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 323.
40 Time: 5.16.
Bench: 36.
Hebron Fangupo, DT (No. 91) -- The USC transfer took his game to another level last season, and scouts have taken notice. Fangupo is a large lineman who tips the scales at 330 pounds but easily moves about the field. He's still rough around the edges, but Fangupo offers a lot of upside and the ability to line up at several positions on the defensive line. 4th Round
Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,702 Posts

not that it means anything, but there's dozens of mocks with the steelers taking osomele with their 2nd pick . i just want a starter ready guard in the first 2 rds. i'm sick of seeing musical chairs being played by guys that shouldn't even be starters.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,054 Times in 502 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
not that it means anything, but there's dozens of mocks with the steelers taking osomele with their 2nd pick . i just want a starter ready guard in the first 2 rds. i'm sick of seeing musical chairs being played by guys that shouldn't even be starters.
If he's there I'd love the pick, but I just get the bad feeling he'll go earlier in round 2. As long as we get Glenn, Konz, Osemele, Zeitler, or Silatolu at some point in this draft, I'll be satisfied with the state of the Oline going into camp.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy

After alot of consideration I think we will draft a offensive lineman in the first round. Whether it be an OT or a guard. I truely think ILB Burflict will be are 4th round pick if someone doesn't take him before that. I see us taking a running back in the second round. and either a DE or a OT/OG in the 3rd. I'd say CB in the 5th with a WR in the 6th.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy

I would love to get Jered Crick in the 3rd he is a beast and would be great value in the 3rd. He would have been a top 20 pick if he didn't injure his bicept this year.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote