Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,292 Times in 1,407 Posts
Default my picks

don't see this happening but, i sure would like it

1 Jonathan Martin OT - bad pro day , he could fall

Kelechi Osemele OG

Tank Carder ILB

Nick Jean-Baptiste NT

Evan Rodriguez TE

Trenton Robinson FS

Danny Hrapmann K

Davin Meggett RB

Drew Butler P

the oline would be set for the next 4 years , giving them options on moving colon inside or cutting him next year if he doesn't get back to form.

carder could immediatley push foote for the starting job , or use him like they used timmons his rookie year in a rotation.

baptiste will be either boom or bust , but hampton isn't going any where this year , so that gives them a year to evaluate him

rodriquez at 6-3 250 , is supposedly a good receiver and blocker , so worst case scenario , he pushes johnson off the roster next year and becomes the new H back

richardson and meggett become fresh PS bodies if nothing else

the kicker and punter could push for roster spots.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23936
Default Re: my picks

Love the draft but I would like to see a receiver somewhere seeing as how next year we probably lose brown or wallace to save a dollar. Also I want a true fullback more than anything else. The forgotten position that is so much more effective in both the run and play action situations.
Dalarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

I'll be making another mock in a few days when I have the time.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #4
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

That's Dave Meggett's son, right? Nice pedigree. Bodes well as far as him being a hard worker.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I really believe if your not including a WR in your draft your gonna be wrong. I am positive they will be taking one with this crop of talent and the fact they only have 3 guys that are proven and one of them is injury prone.

Really this draft year has baffled me more then any other. There are so many ways this team could go and in so many different combinations. I was going to try another mock but I'll just end up with my head spinning. So I'm just gonna relax in front of the TV for 3 days and let the Steelers pick em as I munch away on some Nachos Bell Grande from Taco Bell on at least one of those days.

Last edited by Kingmagyar; 04-08-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332

I like the first 4 picks. But I can't see taking a TE in the 5th. I'd rather take a WR. And I see everyone has us taking a Safety in there mocks. I just don't see it. We have mundy and will allen as backups we don't have room for one at least not this year. Maybe next year. We are going to need a Corner at some point.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalarin View Post
Love the draft but I would like to see a receiver somewhere seeing as how next year we probably lose brown or wallace to save a dollar. Also I want a true fullback more than anything else. The forgotten position that is so much more effective in both the run and play action situations.
tendering johnson leads me to believe that the H back is here to stay.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirama24 View Post
I like the first 4 picks. But I can't see taking a TE in the 5th. I'd rather take a WR. And I see everyone has us taking a Safety in there mocks. I just don't see it. We have mundy and will allen as backups we don't have room for one at least not this year. Maybe next year. We are going to need a Corner at some point.
so when do you see a TE ? of course it's just speculation at this point but there's a good chance saunders will be released. the steelers use 3 TE sets a good bit so if they do let him go they'll need to fill that game day uni. so when would be a good round ?

Old 04-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
tendering johnson leads me to believe that the H back is here to stay.
Leads me to believe the Front Office doesn't like to run the ball effectively.