Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #61
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Jerricho Cotchery signs 2 year deal with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
1) I'm glad you think that Ward had loyalty when he held out at that time.

2) At this stage Wallace has not retired yet so I give you credits for knowing the difference between Ward's hold out and Wallace's hold out (If Wallace actually did that).
1) Tell me what you call it, did Ward say he wanted Larry Fitzgerald money to stay in Pittsburgh?

2) The difference is Ward (like his holdout or not) was a proven commodity SB MVP (to be exact) Wallace only knows how to show up for half a season, so I know you are behind the times in Hong Kong, however, I am sure they have internet there do your research.
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #62
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
1) Tell me what you call it, did Ward say he wanted Larry Fitzgerald money to stay in Pittsburgh?

2) The difference is Ward (like his holdout or not) was a proven commodity SB MVP (to be exact) Wallace only knows how to show up for half a season, so I know you are behind the times in Hong Kong, however, I am sure they have internet there do your research.
1) Tell me when did Wallace say he wanted Larry Fitzgerald money to stay in Pittsburgh.

2) Hard to not give you more credits as you know that he's a proven commodity SB MVP when he held out the first two weeks of training camp in 2005. I only know that Ward was named MVP in Super Bowl XL on 5th February, 2006.

Btw Hong Kong is ahead of US time. So good to know that you're in Australia or some places like Fiji. Steelers fan is everywhere.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #63
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Tony HipChest seems to be spot on with his info, you may want to do your research. As far as misguided goes, you may want to take a look at the writing on the wall, two RFA signings and two FA signings it is evident, Tony may have hit a home run here
Adam Schefter is the source. Tony is quoting him. That doesn't mean Schefter is right. And even if he is, it doesn't matter and most likely won't affect anything. It's more likely that the team agrees to a long-term deal with him by the start of the regular season than it is for him to hold out into the season. There's also absolutely nothing to read into the Steelers signing Pope, Cotchery, and Essex, as it in no way prevents them from signing Wallace to a long-term deal. As Colbert has said numerous times, there are several moves that they can make if necessary to get a large contract under the salary cap.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #64
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Adam Schefter is the source. Tony is quoting him. That doesn't mean Schefter is right. And even if he is, it doesn't matter and most likely won't affect anything. It's more likely that the team agrees to a long-term deal with him by the start of the regular season than it is for him to hold out into the season. There's also absolutely nothing to read into the Steelers signing Pope, Cotchery, and Essex, as it in no way prevents them from signing Wallace to a long-term deal. As Colbert has said numerous times, there are several moves that they can make if necessary to get a large contract under the salary cap.
Make several moves, maybe trade Roethlisberger, cut Woodley and Polamalu (sarcasm), yeah the moves that can be made are limited, if I were a chess player, I would say the moves are down to "Check" with the "Mate" soon to follow.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #65
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Yeah...clearly you don't understand much about salaries and the cap. They also have enough expendable pieces for a quick $1M like Jonathan Scott and Will Allen if they needed to do so. Just because they haven't done things yet doesn't mean they can't. There's just no reason to take that action unless you need to. They can also still restructure the contracts of Polamalu and Harrison if need be. The recent moves have only affected the Rule of 51 cap hit less than $2M anyway, according to Steelers Depot.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #66
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I am glad Cotchery is back, it gives us that much more depth and room to deal with Wallace, it doesn't prematurely force the Steelers hand. Wallace needs to be very careful, once April 20 passes by no other team can negotiate with him and then once we get to June 15, the Steelers can reduce the tender to 110% of his last seasons salary, which would put Mikey in the 500-600 k range for the upcoming season. All this talk on the internet from the so called sports guys like Lacanfora and Schefter say his agent is asking for "Fitzgerald" money and that talks with the Steelers aren't going well is just speculation.
As I said before in the "Wallace thread" if he wants to be a Steeler he will be if he doesnt he will play out the string and go somewhere else.

After all that ........welcome back Cotch, I am looking forward to a 50 catch season from you.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #67
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I am glad Cotchery is back, it gives us that much more depth and room to deal with Wallace, it doesn't prematurely force the Steelers hand. Wallace needs to be very careful, once April 20 passes by no other team can negotiate with him and then once we get to June 15, the Steelers can reduce the tender to 110% of his last seasons salary, which would put Mikey in the 500-600 k range for the upcoming season. All this talk on the internet from the so called sports guys like Lacanfora and Schefter say his agent is asking for "Fitzgerald" money and that talks with the Steelers aren't going well is just speculation.
As I said before in the "Wallace thread" if he wants to be a Steeler he will be if he doesnt he will play out the string and go somewhere else.

After all that ........welcome back Cotch, I am looking forward to a 50 catch season from you.
Agree with you, welcome back Jericho, now on the flip side, talks aren't going well if they were he would have been signed, I truly believe he thinks his stock is on the high end. Here's what's scary, if Brown and Sanders emmulate his actions it may be a rough off-season next year, the Steelers (IMO) are poised to have a big season, I would lock up Brown for the long term, Sanders if healthy would get the offer he deserves, but Wallace's actions thus far are pitiful, the Steelers have parted ways with other "Big" receivers before, only one has raised the Lombardi Trophy, good luck with your odds Wallace.