Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default The line or the defense

It seems like the position we need the most is obviously guard. I see most of us on here agree. I have been watching a lot of NFL network and most of the commentators are saying that we will take a defensive player first round, possibly ILB. Our defense is pretty solid and I think Foote and Cortez Allen will fill in great this year. The most urgent issue IMO is protecting Ben and having some sort of run game. Ben can't keep getting hit and we need a running game to take some pressure of Ben and the WR's. Does anybody think we will go defense first?
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: The line or the defense

The only reason I think we might go defense first is the player would be rated higher value then any Offensive lineman left on the board. If the O- lineman go the way they have been predicted, the Steelers may be looking at a possible selection of ILB Donta Hightower, or NT candidate Jerel Worthy as the next best available at positions of need.

G Kevin Zeitler will very likely still be on the board along with another good OT Bob Massie. Both are predicted early 2nd so if we wanted them our only chance would be to take them in the first or trade down and take them late 1st or early 2nd and gain a extra draft pick. The scenario I prefer the most on draft day.

A surprise scenario would be for them to draft an OLB like Nick Perry, Andre Branch, or Shea McClellin.

TE Coby Fleener would be my drop dead surprise pick, and I don't like it at all, because of the many other holes we need to fill.

Bottom line though is if say Jonathan Martin, Mike Adams, Cordy Glenn, Donta Hightower, Jerel Worthy are all there who would they take if any? I can't pretend to know that answer, making for a great draft to watch this year with possibly a real surprise pick at #1.

But I believe the likeliest scenario is that Hightower is the last man standing if they pick at 24, and they take him. He will be an impact player on this team and grow to be a great leader.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote