Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
steelersflow
Water Boy

Member Number: 23987
Default Good beat writers for the steelers?

Hey guys, I've been working on a site that displays steelers related tweets and organizes them based on type (i.e. players, writers, bloggers). I have plenty of players and enough bloggers, but I'm struggling with finding enough good quality writers.

Do you guys happen to know any good writers I should add? I'm looking for guys that are good at breaking news or getting creditable rumors out. Not looking so much for the guys who like to talk about non-football or their personal life.

The only good writers I've found so far are:
@jamisonhensley
@scottbrown_trib
@jimwexell
@edbouchette
@mikebires
@steelersdigest
@dlolleyor

The site can be found here if you want to check it out or see how the writers I have work currently: http://www.nfltweeter.com/steelers

Any others besides the ones I'm using that you guys feels are worth adding?

Thanks again!
steelersflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default Re: Good beat writers for the steelers?

i have pretty much been doing the same on twitter for about 2 years. i follow over 100 players, writers, and sources of steelers related news. i suggest following and browse through my follow list. immediately i see you are missing mark kaboly, steelers digest, and @steelers where much news is broken before the beat writers even get ahold of it.

https://twitter.com/#!/Steelers_Fever
Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
steelersflow
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i have pretty much been doing the same on twitter for about 2 years. i follow over 100 players, writers, and sources of steelers related news. i suggest following and browse through my follow list. immediately i see you are missing mark kaboly, steelers digest, and @steelers where much news is broken before the beat writers even get ahold of it.

Thank you!
Ya I tried the twitter deal, but when it throws them all into one feed its just too messy for me. Player tweets vs. Writer tweets vs. Blogger tweets are all really different and off quite a different perspective. Writers seem to be good for breaking news/ rumors, bloggers for theory and discussion, and players give that intimate look into the organization.

I added Kaboly, I already have steelers digest. For @steelers I haven't added it anywhere but thought it might fit better in the player column? The player column includes all players, lawn care, PR, and execs.. I was thinking the team account my fit there best since the point of the player column is to give an inside the organization look. Any opinion on that?

Thanks again for Kaboly though. I also have @ken_laird and @kdpomp as maybes... they seem to be more about pitt sports in general, maybe around season they will be better to add then.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

@steelers is 1st in line to the official steelers.com website so they break news on twitter before the site itself. thats a toss up depending on how you want to format it, because they post more than just news, such as player info, contests, promotional stuff etc.

you are correct with laird. he is pretty much seasonal, but pretty good during the season with a steady flow of info. theres also dejan kocavic(sp?) who does all sports as well. i follow PG and PG+ along with triblive radio (again they all tweet more than just steelers).

tunch and wolf is agood follow for blogs and insight.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 6,811 Times in 2,960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

thank you very much tony!

that is very very helpful...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
BossAus
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18668

@gerrydulac

And I am the only one who thinks Jamison Hensley is useless? Never thought I'd say this, but bring back JW!
BossAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
steelersflow
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossAus View Post
@gerrydulac

And I am the only one who thinks Jamison Hensley is useless? Never thought I'd say this, but bring back JW!
Added, thank you.