Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
MattRhys63
Water Boy

Member Number: 23974
Default Usually I got no beef with Denver, but this year, I REALLY hope we pound them

For a number of reasons

1 - Prime time game. The first Sunday night game on NBC. A chance to show the nation that we still got it
2 - Revenge. Nothing against the Broncos, but I really didn't like being knocked out in that fashion last year
3 - Peyton Manning. Again, nothing against the guy, but every single bit of media will be focused on him. He won't be able to fart without Rich Eisen there to cover it. This will be ideal for us to put him on his arse, send 92 on some heavy blitzes and make sure he never gets up. Ruin the second (or third coming depending on the Broncos views on Tebow) coming of Jesus

MattRhys63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,401 Times in 4,444 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Usually I got no beef with Denver, but this year, I REALLY hope we pound them

perfect, our chance for revenge will come early...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,677 Times in 1,647 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Usually I got no beef with Denver, but this year, I REALLY hope we pound them

Can't argue with that logic.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,629 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

2 chances at revenge in the first 2 weeks. denver in week 1, tebow in week 2. hope we start the season strong
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Well we will be doing it without Clark again.

Harrison needs to reintroduce himself to Manning!
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,401 Times in 4,444 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Well we will be doing it without Clark again.

Harrison needs to reintroduce himself to Manning!
Peyton Manning hosts the Steelers in Sunday night opener on NBC

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2012

For the Steelers, this season will start where last season ended: In Denver. But the opposing quarterback will change.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos will host the Steelers on NBC’s Sunday Night Football in Week One, according to a report from Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

It’s no surprise that the Denver debut of Manning will be a nationally televised prime time game. Manning is the highest-profile free agent in NFL history, and there will be huge interest in seeing his first game with the Broncos.

For Steelers safety Ryan Clark, that will mean his 2012 season will start a week late: Clark has had health problems related to Denver’s altitude, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has insisted he won’t permit Clark to play in Denver.

The Steelers probably aren’t thrilled that they’ll have to return so quickly to Denver, the place where they had their hearts broken with Tim Tebow’s overtime touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas last season. And Manning’s presence means the fact that Tebow isn’t there anymore isn’t much consolation to the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...opener-on-nbc/
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
njsteeler87v2
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRhys63 View Post
For a number of reasons

1 - Prime time game. The first Sunday night game on NBC. A chance to show the nation that we still got it
2 - Revenge. Nothing against the Broncos, but I really didn't like being knocked out in that fashion last year
3 - Peyton Manning. Again, nothing against the guy, but every single bit of media will be focused on him. He won't be able to fart without Rich Eisen there to cover it. This will be ideal for us to put him on his arse, send 92 on some heavy blitzes and make sure he never gets up. Ruin the second (or third coming depending on the Broncos views on Tebow) coming of Jesus

I hoped for payback against them back in our house. How many times have we played them on the road? Sounding like every other year we play KC also on the road. Not this year, though.

Forget about Sanchez, I'm waiting for week 2 so we can finally Tebow Tebow: IN! OUR! HOUSE!
njsteeler87v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
MattRhys63
Water Boy

See what I mean. Not 'How will Denver cope without Tebow' 'John Fox will get his first game with a new conventional offence' 'Steelers out for revenge' IT'S ALL ABOUT MANNING!!!

PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG JAMES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Peyton Manning hosts the Steelers in Sunday night opener on NBC

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 17, 2012

For the Steelers, this season will start where last season ended: In Denver. But the opposing quarterback will change.

Peyton Manning and the Broncos will host the Steelers on NBC’s Sunday Night Football in Week One, according to a report from Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

It’s no surprise that the Denver debut of Manning will be a nationally televised prime time game. Manning is the highest-profile free agent in NFL history, and there will be huge interest in seeing his first game with the Broncos.

For Steelers safety Ryan Clark, that will mean his 2012 season will start a week late: Clark has had health problems related to Denver’s altitude, and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has insisted he won’t permit Clark to play in Denver.

The Steelers probably aren’t thrilled that they’ll have to return so quickly to Denver, the place where they had their hearts broken with Tim Tebow’s overtime touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas last season. And Manning’s presence means the fact that Tebow isn’t there anymore isn’t much consolation to the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...opener-on-nbc/
Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Everybody just needs to chill out and not talk a lot of s***. If we do...and they beat us....we're going to look like complete idiots. Its not going to be a "gimme" game.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
MattRhys63
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Everybody just needs to chill out and not talk a lot of s***. If we do...and they beat us....we're going to look like complete idiots. Its not going to be a "gimme" game.
Hey, it's not the game itself that concerns me. It's the media coverage will be SOOO biased on Denver, we will barely get a look in.

There is no shame losing to Peyton Manning, he is a GREAT QB.

Since when did you Americans ever have a problem with talking s**t? You guys are the creators and the best at it. Why do you think I love American Football so much? The banter you guys have beforehand is LIGHTYEARS better than ours