Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Final Final Mock

1. S, Mark Barron, Alabama - everyone wants to replace Clark so here's the pick...
2. OG, Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State - As I keep saying, a masher in the running game!
3. OG, Brandon Brooks, Miami of Ohio - Love him more and more, just scared he may go sooner....
4. ILB, Tank Carder, TCU - think he would fit real nuice in there beside Timmons!
5. OT, Nate Potter, Boise State - think he would be able to keep Ben upright longer!
6. NT, Hebron Fangupo, BYU - big plug in the middle that can replace Hampton.
7. RB, Cyrus Gray, Texas A&M - nice speed and worth the shot.
7a. FB/HB/TE, Drake Dunsmore, Northwestern - "David Johnson" but he can actually catch and block!!!
7b. K, Randy Bullock , Texas A&M - got to have a good kicker with big leg...
7c. ILB, Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St - can't hurt if he actually falls this far!

Last edited by MDSteel15; 04-20-2012 at 05:53 AM.
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
Default Re: Final Final Mock

Love the first 2 picks. But I don't see Carter being there where we pick in the third. He grades higher than that. And Brooks could be gone in the second.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirama24 View Post
Love the first 2 picks. But I don't see Carter being there where we pick in the third. He grades higher than that. And Brooks could be gone in the second.
Tank Carder is ranked as a 6th round pick by TFY Draft and Tony Pauline. I dont think he is that far down, but still not a 3rd. James Michael Johnson of Nevada could end up in the 3rd and be there for us.

Am thinking Fangopu would need to be a 5th round selection, but I have been wrong before.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

I also love the first 2 picks. Plus the fact that you included multiple O-lineman drafted. If we got these players next year we would be able to draft a corner early next year.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Did a little switch! Is that better?
Old 04-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I'm not sure your predicting the Steelers or just what you want to happen so take the following comments only if your making actual predictions.

Would love the actual players picked, but I assure you, your instantly going to be wrong on your first pick of Barron. Most agree he will even be a possible top 12 pick and no way does he get out of the teens. I like Markelle Martin or Brandon Taylor in the 3rd though.

Not sure I like the back to back pick of guards unless your keeping Kelechi Osemele at RT. I believe a run on Guards and O-Tackles will start early 2nd and if the Steelers want a shot at Brandon Brooks they will have to take him in the 2nd. Kelechi should be there for us in the 2nd however with Brooks probably going soon after early 3rd. Would love to say take a RT (which Kelechi is right now) in the 2nd and still get Brooks in the 3rd. YEE HAW!

All your picks after Barron are real possibilities but you might see Cyrus Gray go in the 5th. And i think they would pass on Burfect and go with a recent visitor Jerrell Harris from Alabama.

And with 3 bodies at H-back on the roster already, certainly wouldn't rule out another one added to the mix in the 7th but I think they will go 3-4 DE at some point in the draft as well. Nice work and you addressed the key spots, which is the key.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Did a little switch! Is that better?
I like what you have. Still not entirely sold on Carder that high, or that he could be a guy to play ILB in a year for us, but I generally like it.

I also was a huge fan of Potter in the past, but the fact that he's never put on the bulk in the past few years concerns me. Its nitpicking, but I think Kevin Koger TE from Michigan might be a good 5th round pick.

Overall, I would be pleased if we got Osemele, Brooks, Potter, Fangopu. Osemele and Brooks could be great guard combos, or Osemele could kick out to RT if Colon is gone in a year or 2. Eventual O line of Gilbert, Brooks, Pouncey, Foster, Osemele would be nice in a couple years.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #8
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23936

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I like what you have. Still not entirely sold on Carder that high, or that he could be a guy to play ILB in a year for us, but I generally like it.

I also was a huge fan of Potter in the past, but the fact that he's never put on the bulk in the past few years concerns me. Its nitpicking, but I think Kevin Koger TE from Michigan might be a good 5th round pick.

Overall, I would be pleased if we got Osemele, Brooks, Potter, Fangopu. Osemele and Brooks could be great guard combos, or Osemele could kick out to RT if Colon is gone in a year or 2. Eventual O line of Gilbert, Brooks, Pouncey, Foster, Osemele would be nice in a couple years.
I would take Carder 110 times out of 100 if he fell past 3. I consider him a 3rd solely because he is rated so low. I can't find enough flaws for him to be picked later than 3rd though. Simply put I like him in the 3rd and would only pick different if we grabbed 2 ILB prospects before him.
Dalarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Tank Carder profile by Pro football Weekly. I see a Jerry Olsavsky type player that needs to work on his game to be a Larry Foote type player.

Positives: Fairly athletic. Good straight-line movement and foot speed. Scrapes and flows. Generates some initial pop on contact. Drops into coverage and shows alert zone reactions. Good hands to intercept passes. Has a special-teams mentality and traits. Vocal on-field leader. Three-year starter. Solid football character.

Negatives: Shows some tightness in his hips. Exposed by speed and quickness in space. Poor take-on strength — plays short-armed and can be eliminated by larger blockers. Takes some questionable angles in pursuit. Leaky tackler. Durability is a legitimate concern.

Summary: Worked out surprisingly well at the Combine but does not play strong in a strong man’s game, needs a clear path to produce and will have to make a dent on special teams to make it.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...ank-carder-43/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

It does seem the drop off of the inside linebackers is huge after Hightower and Kuechly. Even Mychael Kendricks has his question marks in his ability to take on O-lineman. If the Steelers choose not to take Hightower or are unable I like Bobby Wagner in the 2nd. Seems to have less negatives then other ILBs I've read up on.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote