Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: 24th pick: Cordy Glenn, Hightower and Worthy

Hightower is a beast. If he is available to us at 24 and they pass on him and he ends up in Baltimore we , as fans , will scream bloody murder. Hightower is a very high motor intelligent player (he called and ran Saban's defense) , who I beleive could come in and start very early in the season and quite possibly be the NFL defensive rookie of the year.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #12
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

i think the first picks are pretty clear ... either Poe, Hightower , Bobby Massie, or Mike Adams
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #13
ANDYMISIU
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13987

I want Hightower!! would love to have a great prospect at ILB. Plus, I need a new jersey soon to replace my Harrison jersey. Not sure who that player would be.
ANDYMISIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,976 Times in 4,653 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
i think the first picks are pretty clear ... either Poe, Hightower , Bobby Massie, or Mike Adams

I highly doubt the Steelers will select a guy who tested positive for marijuana at the Combine two months ago...

Ohio State's Mike Adams might not slip in NFL draft

By Jason La Canfora
Published: April 19, 2012

Ohio State tackle Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine in February, according to league sources, but has been upfront with teams since learning of the result and might not slip that much because of it.

Interested teams have been in close contact with Adams, and have been impressed that he has already completed counseling.

The positive result will make him a moderate risk, and could result in him sliding to the second round, but other players with positive results in years past still have ended up in the first round. Adams has told people he was unaware of the positive result at the time of combine interviews, which is why he did not tell teams then.

Since then he has been forthright and league sources said he is viewed as a "good kid" who obviously made a mistake. The key for Adams will be learning from it.

Several teams said they were impressed with Adams during interviews with him.

Several teams picking late in the first round and early in the second round are in the market for offensive linemen in this draft.

Some teams that like Adams may be able to trade down and still get him. For players, falling into the second round could cost them about $300,000 a year, but, on the positive side, second-round contracts are for four years and not five, so players could get that second contract sooner.

Adams' representatives were not immediately available for comment.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...p-in-nfl-draft
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,458 Times in 2,744 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i'm just wondering what the farrior haters will think of hightower when he's getting burned by rb's and te's, he's a good run stuffer but can't cover for crap (like farrior in his later career).

i'd love to compare him to levon kirkland, but kirk was a good cover LB despite his size
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #16
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

Hightower or Glenn. honestly its just a guessing game. I think Hightower has a bigger chance to be great but both will be solid players.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i'm just wondering what the farrior haters will think of hightower when he's getting burned by rb's and te's, he's a good run stuffer but can't cover for crap (like farrior in his later career).

i'd love to compare him to levon kirkland, but kirk was a good cover LB despite his size
So you are a Hightower hater then?? The kid seems to do a good job of getting to his landmarks in zone pass coverage. Will he run with the Jimmy Graham and Gronkowski type TE's, no, but neither will hardly any other ILB in the NFL.

I think Hightower will be solid inside and could even play outside opposite Woodley if needed. Cordy Glenn is looking like a RT and I dont think we need to spend #24 at RT, but he would be a good one.

Mike Adams positive test for pot probably slips him off the list in the 1st and if anything, I would say it puts Bobbie Massie around there.

Honestly, I hope its any one of Hightower, Jon Martin, Mark Barron, Bobbie Massie, Kevin Zeitler.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,671 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I know everybody is high on Hightower BUT we have 3 stars right now as LBs (Harrison, Woodley and Timmons) and only 1 solid player on the OL.

Don't you think we would be guilty of IGNORING THE OL again if we pick Hightower over Glenn?
Couldn't agree with you more.
Sure Hightower would be nice, but our O-line needs are much greater than ILB, Safety, NT.
If we want to see this team max out while we have Ben and these talented WR's, the O-line has got to be improved significantly.
Otherwise, same results as last year should be expected.
Make the playoffs and out you go.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #19
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Couldn't agree with you more.
Sure Hightower would be nice, but our O-line needs are much greater than ILB, Safety, NT.
If we want to see this team max out while we have Ben and these talented WR's, the O-line has got to be improved significantly.
Otherwise, same results as last year should be expected.
Make the playoffs and out you go.
What do you like so much about Cordy Glenn that you think we need to spend the #24 pick on him?? What if we could get Kelechi Osemele or Mitchell Schwartz in the 2nd round?? Or Brandon Brooks in the 2nd or 3rd round??

This is the issue in this years draft. Lots of good O linemen that will be around in the forst 3 rounds. Keuchly and Hightower are the only 2 real talents worth that 1st round pick at LB

Cordy Glenn might not be a good guard in the NFL anyways. He could be the equivalent of Gosder Cherilus, a RT.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #20
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

The failures of the offensive line are also vastly exaggerated while ignoring the excessive amount of injuries that they suffered last year and the fact that much of the damage Roethlisberger takes is largely his own fault. You could have the best 5 linemen in the game that work in sync with one another and Ben will still take 3 times as many sacks as Peyton Manning. Health alone will improve upon what the line did last year with Pouncey, Colon, Legursky, and Gilbert all healthy. The Steelers do NOT need a first round offensive lineman in a deep class, and it's looking unlikely that the BPA at #24 will be one.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote