Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
Men of Steel
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: OFFICIAL Schedule release thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
I think it sucks.
Out to Denver again, no Ryan Clark.
Rats twice in 3 weeks.....stupid scheduling there.
Finishing with Ravens, Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals is tough.
cant be too bad, we had one of the toughest schedules in NFL history the year we went to the superbowl and beat the cards.

In a way those tough games prep them for the final run in the playoffs.

I welcome a tough schedule any year.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #22
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

This is some stupid scheduling. Why are both the Baltimore games within 3 weeks? Ignorant, for being so worried about ratings, they sure don't know how to take advantage of the best rivalry in football. They screwed it up this year, sucks!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #23
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy

I am not really pumped up about any of are home games this year. I've seen every team except the skins. Just not real excited about any of them. I may skip them and wait and see if we make the playoffs.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #24
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Schedule looks tough and I like that. It'll keep the team tough all year and won't let us get lazy. Also excited about the Philly home game being early. I've never been to Pittsburgh in any month except December and I'm looking for decent wheather for my trip. Another great thing is, it looks like I'll be able to catch 7-8 games on tv this season. Usually it's 4-5 in my area. Can't wait for the season to start. Hope we stay comptetative this season with all of the changes and question marks.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #25
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I like our last 4 games. San Diego is in a complete changeover mode losing some key players and could be out of it by then along with Dallas. That leaves Cincy (let's see how they do now with a tougher schedule and teams not taking them for granted) and finishing with Cleveland is great if you need a win and in scenario. And 3 of those 4 games are at home.

Our Thursday game is early in the season when we are still fresh and we don't really have a murderous stretch anywhere. All playoff teams are usually followed by a non playoff team after that.

The Ravens last 4 are against WAS, DEN, NYG, CIN. Manning should be up to speed if he is still standing and the G-men and Cincy should give them some trouble. Could be two losses in those 4 games. In the first half the Ravens travel to PHI, HOU, and KC.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #26
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Schedule released tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
obviously, we hate the teams in our division.

but if I'm taking all of the teams in the NFL into consideration, I have always found the Dallas Cowboys' fans to be the most arrogant and obnoxious of all.
It's actually a small part of why I'm a Steelers fan. The first time I rooted for the Steelers was in Super Bowl XXX when I was 8. Being a Northern Virginian, most of the locals are Redskins fans so of course most of my classmates were rooting against the Boys that year and for the Steelers. At the time, I didn't know anything about football, I just knew I hated the Cowboys because my Dad hated them. Hated them and the Yankees. And I associated the Cowboys with obnoxiousness.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #27
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKid212 View Post
arent cowgirl fans so ignorant !!!!

when they win one game they TALK like they just won the SB.

when they loose the other 90% of the time they crawl right back and hide in there little holes.
Yeah my friend whom I mention keeps on saying this is the Cowboys' year and pretty much every year we've known each other, our Steelers have had the better year. I don't talk much smack because it's not the kind of person I am. I prefer to let the team talk on the field. By the way regarding that 2008 season game, it was that game that played a huge role in ruining whatever chemistry TO and Romo had. I'll always love Townsend for that pick six.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #28
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Can't say I'm crazy about this draw. The beginning part of the schedule is pretty tough: 4 out of 6 road games, a tough game against the Eagles, two trips out west in three weeks including walking into a possible Manning buzzsaw depending on his level of play and the energy of the crowd.

Playing Baltimore twice in three weeks is bad for a number of reasons, not least the fact the two most physically taxing games of the year are so close together. Would have made more sense for the NFL too to space them out by a couple of months.

Bye week is too early for an older team. I would've liked for our rest to come in November like it did last year. Plus, I don't want to have my Steelers taken away from me just three weeks after getting them back finally!

On the whole, not an easy schedule. Not that predicting a team's success based on the previous season is foolproof, but going to New York and Dallas won't be easy, nor will beating the Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys back-to-back-to-back be. That could be a killer stretch, followed by Cincy, who may regress this year but they also may stay tough.

Never been crazy about the Thursday night games either, especially not so early in the season.

At any rate, this will be interesting. As others have said, remember '08 - that schedule was brutal, and it bore arguably our best team of the past 15 years.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #29
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Iron sharpens Iron.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #30
SteelShazam
Water Boy

Member Number: 18581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
obviously, we hate the teams in our division.

but if I'm taking all of the teams in the NFL into consideration, I have always found the Dallas Cowboys' fans to be the most arrogant and obnoxious of all.

I'm with you there...I know my share of cowpie fans and they can be hard to deal with. Wonder if they get it from their pompous owner?
SteelShazam is offline   Reply With Quote