Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,370 Times in 569 Posts
Default Post Hired at Lowes: Lawn & Garden for a second job

Since I'm still an internship with schooling & with bills needed to be paid off like student loans and all that BEE-ESS, I decided to take up a seasonal second job for more money to help out with bills. I just got the job at Lowes Lawn and Garden sales associate.

They had 3 positions where they would of liked to put me, but they needed a person of need immediately in Lawn and Garden so I decided to take that since I'll be outside with plants. I have great people and personable skills but I admit, I'm not the home-body handy man, especially gardening.

Any gardener's out there? Anyone work at a Lowes Lawn and Garden center to give me tips on an already stressful work schedule? I go in for a drug test Monday and been offered $10 an hr.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,047 Times in 3,730 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Post Hired at Lowes: Lawn & Garden for a second job

All I know is that it's best to water plants in the morning when it's cooler. Plant your garlic in the fall and then replant it the next year. Don't plant a habenero pepper plant because nobody wants to eat them.

Sorry, not too experienced in gardening but congratulations on getting the second job and good luck!
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,370 Times in 569 Posts

Thanks a lot for the reply, brotherin'. I appreciate any types of feedback! I think it's just one of those jobs to where you will learn as you go. I know training will cover most things and being around it will get me up to date in a new surrounding, but I'm that type that likes to be somewhat prepared doing new things.

Appreciate the reply. HERE WE GO!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,047 Times in 3,730 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

no problem. One other thing, don't plant seeds when the soil is wet, they will rot. I'm not exactly sure how that one works, because they need water to grow. I just know that if the soil is too wet they will die.

It must be offseason! Looking forward to another great year!
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #5
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Damn, I bet there are a ton of MILFs cruising into Lowe's garden center. Have fun.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,200 Times in 3,492 Posts

MOW

THAT

LAWN!

MOW

THAT

LAWN!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,973 Times in 1,849 Posts

I want my two dollars!!!

Never ever plant cucumbers next to the watermelon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #8
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Mow your grass at the highest setting you can. Don't cure more than 1/3 of the grass blade. Watering in the morning washes off the sugary dew so it doesn't rot your grass and/or cause fugus. Watering in the afternoon causes all of those drops of water to act like mini magnifying glasses and burn your lawn. If you do water in the afternoon, make sure it's done 2+ hours before sunset (or else it will rot the roots). Put down more mulch than you think. Spray before you mulch too.

Lots of google information out there too... probably look up climate zone specific things. Some stuff that works down here in VA, definitely won't work in PA (I've lived in both states). Different grasses (cool grasses up North, warm grasses down here), growing seasons (we had blooms in March), soil types (lots of clay here), etc.

Hope that helps.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,200 Times in 3,492 Posts

i live in new mexico. in our yards we grow rock and it never needs watered. what is this "grass" stuff you speak of?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

last year thanks to very little rain, i used to sit in my lawn chair on my beautiful brown grass with a cooler full of beer and watch my neighbor sweat his balls off mowing and weed eating his nice plush green grass that he ran his water bill up watering a couple days a week....
what a chump !!!

i sold my weed eater and bought 3 gallons of round up grass and weed killer ..BEST...PRODUCT...EVER !!! i spray every where that the mower blades can't reach...suck it weed eater

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote