Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509
Default RGIII and Luck

So with RGIII and Luck drafted to their respective teams, it just kind of begs the question, and I know it's early to ask this, how well are they going to perform with what they have available now?

INB4 LOL ARIANS, but I'm kind of interested to see if all this hype pays off.
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
DG94
Water Boy

Member Number: 24069
Default Re: RGIII and Luck

RG3 has a solid defense with him in Washington while the Colts are in full rebuilding mode. I'd imagine RG3 will have earlier success, but for the career? I'm going with Luck.
DG94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

the analysts, of course, have all of them being "stars" and succeeding already. Do i have to bring up Brady Quinn? Jamarcus Russell? Ryan Leaf? Just because they were drafted 1 and 2 doesn't guarantee anything.

My money is on Russell Wilson, who Seattle drafted in the 2nd. He's much smarter, intelligent, and more accurate than either of those 2 are. They subtract from him a bit because of his size but he's Drew Brees' size, yet a bit more in shape. If he gets a chance, look out. I think he's going to be the eventual QB star of this draft.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
DG94
Water Boy

Member Number: 24069

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
the analysts, of course, have all of them being "stars" and succeeding already. Do i have to bring up Brady Quinn? Jamarcus Russell? Ryan Leaf? Just because they were drafted 1 and 2 doesn't guarantee anything.

My money is on Russell Wilson, who Seattle drafted in the 2nd. He's much smarter, intelligent, and more accurate than either of those 2 are. They subtract from him a bit because of his size but he's Drew Brees' size, yet a bit more in shape. If he gets a chance, look out. I think he's going to be the eventual QB star of this draft.
He's also third on the depth chart, he won't get any snaps while Flynn competes with TJax!
DG94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,468 Times in 2,748 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

im gonna laugh if they both suck
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Cam was a rare occurance....Its not that easy...
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,993 Times in 4,663 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
So with RGIII and Luck drafted to their respective teams, it just kind of begs the question, and I know it's early to ask this, how well are they going to perform with what they have available now?

INB4 LOL ARIANS, but I'm kind of interested to see if all this hype pays off.

can you throw bubble screens to TEs?

Colts hope to use two, and even three, tight ends

Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2012

The NFL is the ultimate copycat league. And for a team that went 2-14 last season, it’s important to find a successful franchise to emulate.

Colts coach Chuck Pagano, who while coordinating the defense in Baltimore witnessed first hand the challenges of dealing with the two top-end tight ends on the Patriots roster, hopes to put together a similar attack in Indianapolis.

“It is a match-up nightmare,” Pagano said Saturday, via comments circulated by the team. “Coming off of the AFC Championship game, nobody knew better than the Ravens going into that game with the two guys [Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez] that [the Patriots] have. It is across the league. You can see it more and more every year.

“You can choose to put a defensive back on them, and they will be undersized, they will get outmuscled and they will get ‘big-boyed’ for the ball. Then you can put a safety or a linebacker on them and they can’t run with them. So we feel like the two guys that we added, and Dominique [Jones] is a physical presence, that guy is 260 pounds and moving around really well. It is a match-up nightmare for any defense.”

The two guys the Colts added are Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen, taken in the second-round and third-round, respectively, of last weekend’s draft.

Quarterback Andrew Luck took it an extra step. “With three tight ends, do you put an extra safety in [the box] and try to stop the run or do you leave your regular defense in?” Luck said. “How do you do it? How do you match-up with those guys? Do you put a linebacker on them to cover them when they split out wide? So I think it creates mismatches.”

That would be a nice change for the Colts, given that they typically were on the wrong side of the mismatches in 2011.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ee-tight-ends/
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

They might the next Ryan Leaf.
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG94 View Post
He's also third on the depth chart, he won't get any snaps while Flynn competes with TJax!
Pete Carroll has already said Wilson's in the competition and he wants all 3 of them to compete equally for the main job.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
They might the next Ryan Leaf.
True. Or Jamarcus Russell. Or Brady Quinn. And on and on. These analysts already have them succeeding (as usual).
Look how many 3rd round QBs, or 4th or 5th rounders or whatever are actually the ones who made it to mega-star status.