Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
berkeley bradshaw
Water Boy

Member Number: 24074
Default Re: David DeCastro, OG, Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
What he brings: If you draft a guard this early, you expect him to make an immediate impact, and DeCastro's more than capable of doing it. He's a smart football player who can drive defenders off the ball as a run-blocker and rarely loses one-on-one.

How he fits: Offensive line was the biggest need for this team and DeCastro plays like he was born to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. He can line up next to their only stable lineman, Maurkice Pouncey, and that should really improve their interior run game and also pass protect for Big Ben inside. There's still work to be done on the edge of this offensive line, but this is a major upgrade.

Welcome to da Burgh!
Best lineman in the 2012 draft too. Too early to say he is a quintessential Steeler, but he's definitely an upgrade from past poor lineman picks. The fact that Kevin went #1 and #2 with linemen was forward thinking. This is what we really need; not want.

Berkeley Brad
berkeley bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
berkeley bradshaw
Water Boy

I like De Castro; excellent move by the Steelers' brain trust. Kevin's showing me he gets it: you need strong, capable OLs to get back to the Super Bowl. By God I think we're going back in 2013. Ben cannot keep getting sacked and banged around back there. Eli and Tom Brady don't get nearly as sacked, nor Aaron Rogers. Why should our guy keep getting roughed up so frequently?

I replied already but Ill post this in case it didn't go thru. I'm new to this system; it looks kinda Talmudic, man.

Berkeley Bradshaw
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
berkeley bradshaw
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is obsessed with us getting a tackle when we're still looking at Foster or Lego at the other guard spot. Our tackles are fine and they're signed for several years to come. Last I checked, the league won't allow DeCastro to play both guard spots simultaneously.
DeCastro will play Guard and Adams (eventually) will play Tackle. Colon did not perform well at X last year on passing downs. Mediocre play isn't getting us back to the Super Bowl. If you watched both Ravens' games and even the Cleveland ones it's quite evident we don't have the horses to keep Ben upright. I don't care if Adams smokes as long as he can keep LBs and DEs off Ben, so be it. The fact that we went #1 and #2 with OLs is unprecedented for us. Shows us Kevin is serious about better OL performance.

Berkeley Bradshaw
Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
berkeley bradshaw
Water Boy

Don't know where this post is going. I'm new to this thing and it looks hella Talmudic to me.

At any rate the blogs praise DeCastro but question Adams' drug use becoming a distraction. BOTH are going to do fine. Reminds me of solid OL Chuck Noll drafts of the early seventies. Jim Clack, Moon Mullins, Mike Webster, Gordon Lavelle and Jon Kolb were a dangerous blocking unit. Singlehandedly they helped get Franco and Rocky Blier a 100 yards EACH (actually 99 for Rock, but close enuf) during the Raiders' Playoff game in 1974 IN OAKLAND. Raiders were shocked and dismayed that day continually gettin beat off the ball.

I think we're getting back to that pt. And if Colon and Pauncey and step up to the plate this year, there is no excuse to at least not make it to the AFC Championship Game if not beyond.

Berkeley Bradshaw

P.S. Where is this post going anyway?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #15
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley bradshaw View Post
Don't know where this post is going. I'm new to this thing and it looks hella Talmudic to me.

At any rate the blogs praise DeCastro but question Adams' drug use becoming a distraction. BOTH are going to do fine. Reminds me of solid OL Chuck Noll drafts of the early seventies. Jim Clack, Moon Mullins, Mike Webster, Gordon Lavelle and Jon Kolb were a dangerous blocking unit. Singlehandedly they helped get Franco and Rocky Blier a 100 yards EACH (actually 99 for Rock, but close enuf) during the Raiders' Playoff game in 1974 IN OAKLAND. Raiders were shocked and dismayed that day continually gettin beat off the ball.

I think we're getting back to that pt. And if Colon and Pauncey and step up to the plate this year, there is no excuse to at least not make it to the AFC Championship Game if not beyond.

Berkeley Bradshaw

P.S. Where is this post going anyway?
Hopefully it ends at the Super Bowl!!!