Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,472 Times in 3,548 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Todd Haley will make Pittsburgh Steelers' offense better

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
With BR7 at QB we will throw the ball plenty!
who knows, all this talk about the running game could all be smoke and mirrors for all we know. i highly doubt the steelers want everyone else to know what we're going to be doing this season. why show your hand?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:22 AM   #12
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,909 Times in 6,118 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Steelers Offensive Coordinator Says All The Right Things About Offense, Roethlisberger

by Neal Coolong on Jun 7, 2012

Not that Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley should have brought with him a lightning rod to OTAs Wednesday, but his media session after the workout wasn't filled with fiery rhetoric or anything of the sort.

You know, kind of like how most coaches handle these things.

Haley kept the message mostly positive, enforcing emphasis on his players' adaptation to his offense, patience in learning it and support for his quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger.

Quoted by various outlets, including the AP in Pittsburgh, Haley told reporters Wednesday:

''Change is not always comfortable, and we said that right out of the gate,'' said Haley, who was fired by the Chiefs in December. ''Sometimes when there are changes, that's a way to keep guys on their toes and keep their focus on the understanding of what the goal is - and that is to win Super Bowls.''

It's not as if Haley's version of a 32 Dive will differ greatly from past Steelers' offensive coordinators Bruce Arians and Ken Whisenhunt. The difference lies more in how the basics of that kind of play are communicated. Some coaches use the numbers to identify which back will get the ball through which hole and others use it to indicate which blocking scheme the offensive line uses. Once a team gets those smallish nuances down, they'll work more effectively in unison.

''Football is football,'' Haley said. ''Terminology is the issue, really. Philosophically, you spell out to your guys how you want to play football and then it is about them understanding the language."

As far as Roethlisberger is concerned, amid speculation and his own media quotes that he's seemingly frustrated over those terminological differences, Haley doesn't see the eight-year veteran struggling as much as he's simply learning. And the effort he's putting forward is worthy of praise, per Haley.

''He's in here, he's working hard. He's into it - even the days when he hasn't practiced, he's over my shoulder, talking, commenting, discussing. That's what I've seen out of all the good quarterbacks - really good quarterbacks - that I've been around act like.''

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...rger#storyjump
Old 06-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #13
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,202 Posts

I think the biggest difference we will see between Arians O and Haley's is when we run the 32 dive, the other team, the 65,000 people in attendence, as well as the 20 million television viewers might not be expecting it.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote