Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #51
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter
 
Buddha Bus's Avatar
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Fret not Buddha. Soon you will be free to be “minor-attracted".
I'm not fretting. It will not happen.... PERIOD.


The argument that the "pedophile agenda" is following the same script as the "homosexual agenda" in gaining acceptance and tolerance rings extremely hollow at best. It doesn't mean there is any more correlation between the two than if I had an agenda to push following the same path to societal acceptance, like say to have sex with dead bodies and devour them in front of pre-schoolers on Sunday outside of a church. Just because a "cause" follows a specific successful blueprint by which another unrelated cause gained societal acceptance does not make it the same or similar.

The argument I have always made in regards to this issue has been boiled down to 2 simplistic points in my view.

1) Is the activity in question between 2 consenting adults? If yes, proceed to point 2.

2) Is the activity in question directly violating another person's/animal's civil rights or harming them in any way? If no, bugger away!

Those are the 2 simple criteria that need to be met in my eyes for it to be OK. All else is just bullshit flowery wordsmithing to try to obfuscate the truth or muddy the waters in favor of one's opinion. It shouldn't matter to anyone what 2 consenting adults do with (or to) each other in the privacy of their own home as long as they are consenting and not harming anyone else.
__________________

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.

Last edited by Buddha Bus; 06-18-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #52
hicksfan
Bench Warmer
 
hicksfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 156
Member Number: 745
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I didn't comment on the morality of homosexuality. You inferred. In fact there were but two comments on morality in even the articles I posted...

“Morality was once revealed, inherited and shared, but now it’s thought of as something that emerges in the privacy of your own heart.”

“We were told that morality is relative and that right and wrong are simply cultural preferences.”

... homosexuality wasn't mentioned.

Perhaps there's some point you'd like to make.
foot in mouth and head up ass. you can't dance around the issue until you pull one of them out. you've inferred, you've directly replied "bulls eye" to wallace108's comment "I'm just saying that both were viewed as disgusting, immoral, and just wrong by the standards of our society."

care to try any more passive-aggressive bullshit? you equate homosexuality with pedophilia, a completely immoral act. the inference is automatic, no? morality is based upon an ethic of reciprocity, regardless of the twist implied in your articles.

what exactly is your axe to grind, then? if you're not gay what the **** does it matter to you if other people are (outside of your ****ed up equation homo = pedo)? and what exactly is the rub if two people, same-sex, share a relationship that makes them feel loved and appreciated? just wondering where the hate comes from, it's a valid question. it's your inability to even try to answer that makes you look that much more silly.

grow a set and try to rationally explain your point. i'll wait.
__________________
think for yourself
question authority
hicksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #53
Steelboy84
Banned
 
Steelboy84's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,962
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksfan View Post
foot in mouth and head up ass. you can't dance around the issue until you pull one of them out. you've inferred, you've directly replied "bulls eye" to wallace108's comment "I'm just saying that both were viewed as disgusting, immoral, and just wrong by the standards of our society."

care to try any more passive-aggressive bullshit? you equate homosexuality with pedophilia, a completely immoral act. the inference is automatic, no? morality is based upon an ethic of reciprocity, regardless of the twist implied in your articles.

what exactly is your axe to grind, then? if you're not gay what the **** does it matter to you if other people are (outside of your ****ed up equation homo = pedo)? and what exactly is the rub if two people, same-sex, share a relationship that makes them feel loved and appreciated? just wondering where the hate comes from, it's a valid question. it's your inability to even try to answer that makes you look that much more silly.

grow a set and try to rationally explain your point. i'll wait.

The same place it comes from towards minorities, non-Christians, and pretty much anyone that doesn't represent their idea of a straight, Aryan-male, Christian dominated society.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #54
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter
 
SteelersinCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 9302
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

I'd still like an explanation as to the connection between homosexuality and pedophilia when there are far more heterosexual pedophiliacs than homosexual. I won't hold my breath.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #55
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,142
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 878
Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,572 Posts
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

SICA are you considering the fact that there's far more hetero's than homo's ? the real tell tale is the percentages of offenders within each group ... take the below article with a grain of salt considering it was written by a biased source , but they do sight their study source.

thought i'd throw some fuel on the fire .....

Quote:
Gay activists have strenuously argued that there is no connection between homosexuality and the sexual abuse of children. They point out that the majority of child molestation cases are by heterosexuals. But they neglect a pivotal fact: Homosexuals comprise only a small percentage of the population, yet account for an extraordinarily high percentage of offenses against children.
A recent study in Demography estimated the number of exclusive male homosexuals in the general population at 2.5 percent, and the number of exclusive lesbians at 1.4 percent. The study took into account three large data sets, including the all-encompassing U.S. Census.
Now consider a report from the Journal of Sex Research which noted that homosexual pedophiles commit about one-third of the total number of child sex offenses, even though they are outnumbered by heterosexuals 20 to one. Less than four percent of the population commits one-third of the offenses against children!
In The Gay Report, homosexual researchers report data showing that better than 7 out of 10 homosexuals surveyed had at some time had sex with boys 16 to 19.
Or consider a study in Archives of Sexual Behavior, which found that of 229 convicted child molesters surveyed, “85 percent of offenders against males described themselves as homosexual or bisexual.”
The evidence is clear. Homosexuals have an overwhelming propensity towards child molestation. This is not to say that all homosexuals act out with pedophile tendencies. But the percentage of those who do is so disproportionately high it would be irresponsible and costly to ignore. Just ask the Roman Catholic Church.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...connection.htm
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #56
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,814
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 669
Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,541 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
SICA are you considering the fact that there's far more hetero's than homo's ? the real tell tale is the percentages of offenders within each group ... take the below article with a grain of salt considering it was written by a biased source , but they do sight their study source.

thought i'd throw some fuel on the fire .....


http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils...connection.htm
That's not from a site with a dog in the fight, huh.
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #57
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Its live the remake of a movie. Different actors. Same script.

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=11517
Oct 15, 2011
Pedophiles want same rights as homosexuals
Claim unfair to be stigmatized for sexual orientation

by Jack Minor –

Using the same tactics used by “gay” rights activists, pedophiles have begun to seek similar status arguing their desire for children is a sexual orientation no different than heterosexual or homosexuals.

Critics of the homosexual lifestyle have long claimed that once it became acceptable to identify homosexuality as simply an “alternative lifestyle” or sexual orientation, logically nothing would be off limits. “Gay” advocates have taken offense at such a position insisting this would never happen. However, psychiatrists are now beginning to advocate redefining pedophilia in the same way homosexuality was redefined several years ago.

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality from its list of mental disorders. A group of psychiatrists with B4U-Act recently held a symposium proposing a new definition of pedophilia in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders of the APA.

B4U-Act calls pedophiles “minor-attracted people.” The organization’s website states its purpose is to, “help mental health professionals learn more about attraction to minors and to consider the effects of stereotyping, stigma and fear.”

In 1998 The APA issued a report claiming “that the ‘negative potential’ of adult sex with children was ‘overstated’ and that ‘the vast majority of both men and women reported no negative sexual effects from childhood sexual abuse experiences.”

Pedophilia has already been granted protected status by the Federal Government. The Matthew Shephard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act lists “sexual orientation” as a protected class; however, it does not define the term.

Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying that “pedophilia is not covered as an orientation;” however, the amendment was defeated by Democrats. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-Fl) stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles should be protected under the law. “This bill addresses our resolve to end violence based on prejudice and to guarantee that all Americans, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or all of these ‘philias’ and fetishes and ‘isms’ that were put forward need not live in fear because of who they are. I urge my colleagues to vote in favor of this rule.”

The White House praised the bill saying, “At root, this isn’t just about our laws; this is about who we are as a people. This is about whether we value one another – whether we embrace our differences rather than allowing them to become a source of animus.”


Earlier this year two psychologists in Canada declared that pedophilia is a sexual orientation just like homosexuality or heterosexuality.

Van Gijseghem, psychologist and retired professor of the University of Montreal, told members of Parliament, “Pedophiles are not simply people who commit a small offense from time to time but rather are grappling with what is equivalent to a sexual orientation just like another individual may be grappling with heterosexuality or even homosexuality.”

He went on to say, “True pedophiles have an exclusive preference for children, which is the same as having a sexual orientation. You cannot change this person’s sexual orientation. He may, however, remain abstinent.”

When asked if he should be comparing pedophiles to homosexuals, Van Gijseghem replied, “If, for instance, you were living in a society where heterosexuality is proscribed or prohibited and you were told that you had to get therapy to change your sexual orientation, you would probably say that that is slightly crazy. In other words, you would not accept that at all. I use this analogy to say that, yes indeed, pedophiles do not change their sexual orientation.”

Dr. Quinsey, professor emeritus of psychology at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, agreed with Van Gijseghem. Quinsey said pedophiles’ sexual interests prefer children and, “There is no evidence that this sort of preference can be changed through treatment or through anything else.”

In July, 2010 Harvard health Publications said, “Pedophilia is a sexual orientation and unlikely to change. Treatment aims to enable someone to resist acting on his sexual urges.”

Linda Harvey, of Mission America, said the push for pedophiles to have equal rights will become more and more common as LGBT groups continue to assert themselves. “It’s all part of a plan to introduce sex to children at younger and younger ages; to convince them that normal friendship is actually a sexual attraction.”

Milton Diamond, a University of Hawaii professor and director of the Pacific Center for Sex and Society, stated that child pornography could be beneficial to society because, “Potential sex offenders use child pornography as a substitute for sex against children.”

Diamond is a distinguished lecturer for the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. The IASHS openly advocated for the repeal of the Revolutionary war ban on homosexuals serving in the military.

The IASHS lists, on its website, a list of “basic sexual rights” that includes “the right to engage in sexual acts or activities of any kind whatsoever, providing they do not involve nonconsensual acts, violence, constraint, coercion or fraud.” Another right is to, “be free of persecution, condemnation, discrimination, or societal intervention in private sexual behavior” and “the freedom of any sexual thought, fantasy or desire.” The organization also says that no one should be “disadvantaged because of age.”

Sex offender laws protecting children have been challenged in several states including California, Georgia and Iowa. Sex offenders claim the laws prohibiting them from living near schools or parks are unfair because it penalizes them for life.
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #58
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,434
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 321
Thanked 879 Times in 425 Posts
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...lestation.html

I'm still at a loss as to why we are wasting ink on this.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #59
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,814
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 669
Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,541 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbo...lestation.html

I'm still at a loss as to why we are wasting ink on this.
Reread the big inning of your article. It explains why.
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.

Last edited by Vis; 06-19-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #60
Vincent
Team President
Supporter
 
Vincent's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: People's Republic of North Carolina
Posts: 2,485
Member Number: 10927
Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Retread the big inning of your article. It explains why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
That's not from a site with a dog in the fight, huh.
I hear you Vis.

Notes

1. The survey was conducted under the auspices of the Kinsey Institute (Klassen, Williams, & Levitt, 1989). (return to text)

They who lead us down that path to begin with.
__________________

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts