Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #51
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Miami Heat- Good Job...Good effort.

The fans of the team that is losing always feel the referees are doing a terrible job. As a Steeler fan, you should know better.

I didn't think the officiating was overly poor (if anything, there were more missed calls than excessive calls), but regardless, officiating is, in 99% of cases, not an excuse. LeBron James' 3 pointer with about 3 minutes left (I think) felt like a game changer, and it turned out to be just that.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #52
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Well, once again, OKC beat themselves. Another game they should have won.....they actually could have sweeped the series.
2 guys (Westbrook and Durant) can't beat the Heat all by themselves.
Thanks James Harden - for not SHOWING up again for the 3rd straight game. And the entire team, aside from Westbrook, was playing at like 70% intensity after the 1st quarter while Miami gave 100% the entire game.
Very frustrating loss. I'm starting to question Brooks coaching....he should have been all over this. No excuse for the team to look like they were loafing out there.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #53
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

I don't know, I'm kind of thinking the Heat had at least a little bit to do with the last three games. It's not always the case that when the team you're pulling for loses, it's because they beat themselves, where you secretly know that they should have won. Miami is a damn good team who's depth is sometimes underrated, and I do feel that they won this game more than OKC lost it. The way that they completely erased a 17 point deficit in less than a quarter was very impressive. And they won the critical 3rd quarter by 7 points, turning a 3 point halftime deficit into a 4 point lead entering the final frame. And they made most of the clutch plays and the hustle plays all night. Maybe they don't have a James Harden coming off the bench (which admittedly, he has not been at his best during this series; but that is also partially due to the fact that Miami is one of the best defensive teams in the league), but Norris Cole and Udonis Haslem are not too bad. And when Mario Chalmers is on his game, like he finally was tonight (TWELVE points in the 4th I believe? Thanks for showing up), the Heat are really tough to beat. Which, by the way, now that I bring up Chalmers, I do recall two non-calls against him that could have gone the Thunder's way.

I almost wish I wasn't a fan of either team, because this would be an amazing series to watch without a dog in the race. Although if it wasn't Miami or the Knicks, I'd be rooting for the Thunder to win anyway. I understand perfectly why so many people like them, including Steelers fans in particular. It's impossible not to like them, although Westbrook gets on my nerves sometimes. I haven't seen anybody so lethal on the jumper on a given night like he was tonight in years though, I'll give him that. Although he also had that lovely rim rejection on a dunk attempt. And Harden had that horrible botched gimme layup.

Pardon the thought-spew above.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #54
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Forgive me for not reading this entire thread, but is it safe to assume that I'm the only one on the forum not rooting for LeBron to fail?
Having grown up in Cleveland, and having left there as soon as I could without actually being a teenage runaway, I thought LeBron displayed admirable patience remaining in that loser town as long as he did. Now, choosing to move to a cesspool like Miami instead is a demerit against him, so this is lose-lose... or win-win if you couldn't care less about basketball, Cleveland or Miami, as is my case.

Having said all of this, he is clearly an amazing talent, a fact which shouldn't be overlooked. Not sure where all of the hate is coming from. I would think Steeler fans would appreciate someone who popped Cleveland the finger in such dramatic fashion.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #55
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't know, I'm kind of thinking the Heat had at least a little bit to do with the last three games. It's not always the case that when the team you're pulling for loses, it's because they beat themselves, where you secretly know that they should have won. Miami is a damn good team who's depth is sometimes underrated, and I do feel that they won this game more than OKC lost it. The way that they completely erased a 17 point deficit in less than a quarter was very impressive. And they won the critical 3rd quarter by 7 points, turning a 3 point halftime deficit into a 4 point lead entering the final frame. And they made most of the clutch plays and the hustle plays all night. Maybe they don't have a James Harden coming off the bench (which admittedly, he has not been at his best during this series; but that is also partially due to the fact that Miami is one of the best defensive teams in the league), but Norris Cole and Udonis Haslem are not too bad. And when Mario Chalmers is on his game, like he finally was tonight (TWELVE points in the 4th I believe? Thanks for showing up), the Heat are really tough to beat. Which, by the way, now that I bring up Chalmers, I do recall two non-calls against him that could have gone the Thunder's way.

I almost wish I wasn't a fan of either team, because this would be an amazing series to watch without a dog in the race. Although if it wasn't Miami or the Knicks, I'd be rooting for the Thunder to win anyway. I understand perfectly why so many people like them, including Steelers fans in particular. It's impossible not to like them, although Westbrook gets on my nerves sometimes. I haven't seen anybody so lethal on the jumper on a given night like he was tonight in years though, I'll give him that. Although he also had that lovely rim rejection on a dunk attempt. And Harden had that horrible botched gimme layup.

Pardon the thought-spew above.

I hear what you are saying and i agree with you....Miami have played pretty well this series and LeBron (whom i do NOT like), i will admit, has been fabulous.

But even with that....the Thunder have been right there in each of the losses and in a world where they played like they did the entire year, they win at least two, if not all, of those games.
- the refs have been horrible with most of the benefit going to the Heat (note i said most, not all...but they have made some critical bad and "non" calls against the Thunder that should never have been called). Its been SO bad, that even Tim Legler was on this morning, making a very stern point about this, which is unusual for him, as he's usually pretty balanced
-Its been the Westbrook and Durant show. Only. No one else is even showing up. Where the $#!*@! is James Harden and what the hell is he doing out there? He's usually "money" and a pure-shooter and he's not hitting nothing, taking bad shots, etc. Best comment i heard last night after the game was (i think it was Stephen A. Smith) say Harden should come out of the showers and apologize to the entire team.
-the lack of hustle aside from Westbrook and Durant. There have been numerous transitions where the Thunder are half-heartedly jogging down to the otherside while Miami is driving right past them. In one instance, Westbrook scores a layup last night, then makes it down to play defense and he was the first one down there back to the other side...HOW the hell does that happen??????

Very frustrating and unfortunately, i hate to say this, but it just looks like Miami WANTS it more.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #56
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Well, once again, OKC beat themselves. Another game they should have won.....they actually could have sweeped the series.
2 guys (Westbrook and Durant) can't beat the Heat all by themselves.
Thanks James Harden - for not SHOWING up again for the 3rd straight game. And the entire team, aside from Westbrook, was playing at like 70% intensity after the 1st quarter while Miami gave 100% the entire game.
Very frustrating loss. I'm starting to question Brooks coaching....he should have been all over this. No excuse for the team to look like they were loafing out there.
Yeah, Harden hasnt done anything. I'll start a conspiracy theory that he is on the take.

OKC looks inexperienced and confused at times, not getting back in transition or getting to the glass. They have become the jump shooting team that is living or dying by the jumpshot and Harden could not hit water from a boat......because he is on the take.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #57
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
OKC looks inexperienced and confused at times, not getting back in transition or getting to the glass. They have become the jump shooting team that is living or dying by the jumpshot and Harden could not hit water from a boat.
Agreed. The Thunder definitely have some issues to work on if they hope to make it back to their home city with a chance for the title still intact. I'm actually quite surprised at their poor rebounding, which the Heat struggled with last year against bigger or more physical teams. But even with Ibaka, Perkins, and Collison on the floor, the Heat have been outrebounding in the last 3 games, in large part thanks to Bosh (how big has he been making 'winning plays', as Van Gundy would say) and James. Despite how well the Thunder are capable of hitting the jump shots, they are better when they are not forced into playing that game, and the Heat have for the most part done a pretty good job forcing their hand in that regard. Westbrook almost singlehandedly made them pay though, admittedly. I think another big factor in the last 3 games has been the Heat cleaning up their own transition defense, which was a struggle for them early in the series.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #58
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,636 Posts

Quote:
Agreed. The Thunder definitely have some issues to work on if they hope to make it back to their home city with a chance for the title still intact. I'm actually quite surprised at their poor rebounding, which the Heat struggled with last year against bigger or more physical teams. But even with Ibaka, Perkins, and Collison on the floor, the Heat have been outrebounding in the last 3 games, in large part thanks to Bosh (how big has he been making 'winning plays', as Van Gundy would say) and James. Despite how well the Thunder are capable of hitting the jump shots, they are better when they are not forced into playing that game, and the Heat have for the most part done a pretty good job forcing their hand in that regard. Westbrook almost singlehandedly made them pay though, admittedly. I think another big factor in the last 3 games has been the Heat cleaning up their own transition defense, which was a struggle for them early in the series.
Bosh has been big, but I dont see the intensity by OKC in wanting to get to the boards. Perkins, Ibaka, Collison dont have much of a low post game, so its up to the jump shooters. That has always been OKC weakness.

Heat are first to the rebounds and I dont know the stats, but I bet Battier is outrebounding most of the Thunder big men. While the Heat looked sluggish on the glass and in transition vs the Celtics........the Thunder look like that vs the heat.

Not a big fan of James move to south beach and needing to join Wade to win a title, but it appears that neither of them might be this far if it wasnt for the play of Bosh the past couple weeks.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #59
micraydim
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18601
My Mood: Busy

the 5th Game is around the corner . ...hope James will get his first champion this year.
micraydim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #60
TRH
Living Legend

Hope OKC wins tonight. They arguably could have swept the entire series....an argument can definitely be made that they've blown the series more than Miami has won it.
Some things that must happen tonight, and the rest of the series, to win :

-Durant has to play harder and take more shots. At times he's looked almost like he doesn't want it out there...meanwhile, Miami DOES look like they want it
-have to play zone defense...this has worked well for other teams against Miami, including Dallas last year
-Harden has to show up tonight...he's been non-existen
-hope for fair officiating tonight. As even pointed out by the commentator teams, OKC has been getting called on stuff that is borderline at best, and LeBron (as usual) is getting away with murder when attacking the rim...literally running over people and not getting called for anything
-make their free throws. They were missing like crazy while Miami seemed like they sank virtually all of theirs. This is unheard of from such a pure-shooting, money shot team like this
-and must i repeat...OKC has to come out looking like THEY WANT IT...foaming at the mouth...Westbrook looked like the only one who wanted to fight for it and the rest of the team in games 3 and 4 looked like they were loafing