Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Keep Wallace or Let him Walk for the draft pick?
Keep Him and Pay the money 17 51.52%
Hope someone pays him and give me the draft pick 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #731
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: The Official Mike Wallace Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
well....not really news, is it? We all knew the Steelers weren't going to exercise that right..

hasn't stopped the bitches from starting more threads about Wallace, has it?
Old 06-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #732
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,357 Times in 3,998 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post

did you just call me a bitch?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #733
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
did you just call me a bitch?
OOPs Looks as if he might have.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #734
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Quote:

sounds like you could use a good bitch-slap...
Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #735
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Could the Pittsburgh Steelers Deal Mike Wallace to Minnesota Vikings?
June 19, 2012 06:00 PM EDT
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981415242

With a left tackle and a running back in place the time has come for the Minnesota Vikings to give their young quarterback a wide receiver. Do they have the ammo to take Mike Wallace from the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Mike Wallace Ben Roethlisberger #7 of the Pittsburgh Steelers celebrates a second quarter touchdown pass with Mike Wallace while playing the Cleveland Browns on October 17, 2010 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Jerome Simpson isn't enough to help Percy Harvin with Christian Ponder

The NFC championship heartbreak in 2009 seems so far away for Vikings fans. Gone is the Brett Favre magic, replaced by rebuilding reality. Hopes sit uneasily on the shoulders of quarterback Christian Ponder who came out of the draft with questions and hasn't had enough time to answer them. Worse yet the best offensive weapon Minnesota has in running back Adrian Peterson hasn't fully recovered from a torn ACL and MCL in his knee. That puts more pressure on Ponder and a suspect group of wide receivers to carry the load until he's back healthy. The Vikings do have a budding star in Percy Harvin but their hopes of giving him help settled on the acrobatic but erratic Jerome Simpson. It was Harvin who voiced his anger about where the team is. It's not clear what upsets him but from the way he says things must get sorted out before training camp it's easy to think he isn't satisfied with what the Minnesota Vikings coaches and front office have done. Would getting him some help in the passing game ease the fury?

Steelers risk angering Ben Roethlisberger if they don't get Wallace back

Minnesota sits in a tough spot. Not only is their roster filled with question marks but the team also signed a new lease to stay in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers know all about that, expecting another season battling Baltimore and Cincinnati for playoff spots. That's why the team tries week after week to get Pro Bowl receiver Mike Wallace signed to either his franchise tender or a long-term deal. Neither offer suits the receiver, so his holdout continues. Team captain and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger isn't happy about it. He, more than anybody, knows what Wallace can do and believes the Steelers will need his talent and speed to stay on top. Management says the team wants to pay him but salary cap problems and a debate on Wallace's worth has created a deadlock. Unless he signs the tender or a deal gets worked out they risk losing him to free agency next season. That means they might have to lower their price in trade talks. Minnesota has both the cap and draft picks that could interest Pittsburgh. Wallace would go to team that plays indoors where speed counts for everything and give Ponder another reliable target besides Harvin.

Mike Wallace expects to stay with the Pittsburgh Steelers but if Ben Roethlisberger is right it won't happen until they pay him properly. The Minnesota Vikings settled for Jerome Simpson to help Christian Ponder, which didn't impress Percy Harvin. If the team wants to avoid rebuilding beyond 2012 they might want to think about a trade.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #736
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Quote:

Old 06-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #737
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,572 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Well, in all honesty, you never started a new thread about Wallace, at least not in that time-frame. Killer was probably talking about someone else who started a thread, rather than posting it in here. All articles about Wallace should go in here. I let off of it for a month or so after the draft, but once again, every thread about Wallace being published says basically the same shit, so all threads created out side of this thread, will be merged here.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #738
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Well, in all honesty, you never started a new thread about Wallace, at least not in that time-frame. Killer was probably talking about someone else who started a thread, rather than posting it in here. All articles about Wallace should go in here. I let off of it for a month or so after the draft, but once again, every thread about Wallace being published says basically the same shit, so all threads created out side of this thread, will be merged here.

actually, mesasteeler and I both started new threads about Mike Wallace during that time-frame and I strongly disagree with you that they both basically say the same thing.

mesa's thread entitled "Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status" had 126 replies and 3618 views and my thread "NFL Rumors: Pittsburgh Steelers Owner Art Rooney Not Happy With Mike Wallace" had 47 replies and 1937 views so both threads drew a lot of interest and proved that they had a lot of merit and deserve to stand on their own instead of being merged into one super mega-thread that would take forever to read all the way through.

for Killer to call both mesa and I "bitches" was completely uncalled for and very inappropriate. I have never seen Killer post anything except for that one offensive comment and I really don't think you should try to defend him or to justify it. IMO, Killer is basically a coward who would never have the guts to say that to my face and I think he owes both mesa and I an apology.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #739
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,448 Times in 1,669 Posts

Biatchs work better?

Bayz is right, Wallace should go in here. We kind of slipped the last few weeks and let it slide. But it should go here instead of cluttering up the forum with a bunch of Wallace threads.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 06-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #740
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Biatchs work better?