Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #11
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Congrats on his wedding though, I know they've been together forever. Wish him luck in Carolina and hope he has fun playing with his brothers.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Mom! You know better than to say that with Mach, MoP and the other boneheads around. Look what they did to the "tits" thread in the Strip District forum
I'll have to check it out later when the kid's asleep lol.

I say it on purpose. Just to give them something to think about. Little Buttheads.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,131
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,859
Thanked 4,610 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I'll have to check it out later when the kid's asleep lol.

I say it on purpose. Just to give them something to think about. Little Buttheads.
When I said "look what they did" I meant to say "DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID".
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #14
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
When I said "look what they did" I meant to say "DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID".
I'm sure I already have an idea.

Mach was great at hijacking and grossing folks out over at SU.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #15
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,131
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,859
Thanked 4,610 Times in 1,980 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I'm sure I already have an idea.

Mach was great at hijacking and grossing folks out over at SU.


It cannot be unseen.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Go get Parise!......interesting...throwing in Martin in a Suter trade too?


If Nashville wants to add other players on July 1, it will be hard to identify which types of players without knowing the Predators’ salary structure.

This is not to say the Predators should cut ties with Suter and move on. He’s a core player and arguably the best player available on the market. But you have to wonder what will happen if Plan B becomes a reality.

For example, Penguins defenseman Paul Martin could be part of this situation. He’s a bit overpaid at $5 million, which is not exactly a great number if you’re Nashville. But according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he is a candidate for a trade. Martin, 31, is the type of player who could benefit from a change of scenery. And while he may cost a lot in terms of money, the Predators could get him on a salary dumping situation.

The Penguins are reportedly clearing cap space for a run at Zach Parise and potentially Suter. Pens General Manager Ray Shero and Poile were seen talking multiple times at the NHL draft last weekend. They also have some history, with Shero being a former assistant general manager with the Predators.


http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ation-updated/
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Go get Parise!......interesting...throwing in Martin in a Suter trade too?


If Nashville wants to add other players on July 1, it will be hard to identify which types of players without knowing the Predators’ salary structure.

This is not to say the Predators should cut ties with Suter and move on. He’s a core player and arguably the best player available on the market. But you have to wonder what will happen if Plan B becomes a reality.

For example, Penguins defenseman Paul Martin could be part of this situation. He’s a bit overpaid at $5 million, which is not exactly a great number if you’re Nashville. But according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he is a candidate for a trade. Martin, 31, is the type of player who could benefit from a change of scenery. And while he may cost a lot in terms of money, the Predators could get him on a salary dumping situation.

The Penguins are reportedly clearing cap space for a run at Zach Parise and potentially Suter. Pens General Manager Ray Shero and Poile were seen talking multiple times at the NHL draft last weekend. They also have some history, with Shero being a former assistant general manager with the Predators.


http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...ation-updated/
I'd almost rather them get Suter instead of Parise. Both would be fantastic of course, but I feel our greater need is on defense. We've got people that can score with Sid and Geno, and decent wingers can be picked up...Suter though would be a huge upgrade.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I'd almost rather them get Suter instead of Parise. Both would be fantastic of course, but I feel our greater need is on defense. We've got people that can score with Sid and Geno, and decent wingers can be picked up...Suter though would be a huge upgrade.
I guess we'll find out 1 July...I'd love to go get em both!

come to papa Shero!


Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #19
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Hahahahahaha...fantastic pic!

I can't wait for the trade this year, and the next season. I'm already in hockey withdrawal.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Jordan Staal turns down 10 year deal from the Pens

Report: Pittsburgh’s offer for Parise — “many years between $7-8 million”

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts