Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 07-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,536 Posts
Default Cowboys' Dez Bryant assaulted mother, report says

takes a special kinda scumbag to ruff up yo mamma...

Cowboys' Dez Bryant assaulted mother, report says

Dez Bryant's lawyer told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport on Tuesday morning that Bryant "did not want to be a distraction" to the Dallas Cowboys.
The details emerging following Bryant's misdemeanor domestic violence arrest in a Dallas suburb will make that difficult.

The DeSoto Police Department's report following Bryant's arrest indicates the victim was his mother Angela. The report alleges Dez Bryant "got upset during a verbal argument and grabbed mother by her shirt and hair and hit her in the face with ball cap."
Bryant's mother told the police that she told her son to leave during an argument and he became upset. Angela Bryant did not complain about injuries on the day of the alleged assault. Two days later (Monday), she complained of pain in her wrists, hands and arms. Officers observed swelling in her wrist. She also had bruising on her upper right and left arm.
Bryant's lawyer Royce West said that the case has yet to be filed with the district attorney. No court hearing is scheduled yet.
"Dez does not want this to be a distraction for the Cowboys," West told Rapoport. "Whatever the issues are that are involved, he's going to get them dealt with. And needless to say, he's going to be cooperative with law enforcement to get those resolved. The fact of the matter is, he has never ever been arrested for anything involving these types of allegations at all. And so, obviously it comes as a shock having to be fingerprinted, but reality is is that he's going to work his way through this and be prepared for the season."
The third-year receiver has had off-field issues dating back to his college days, but this is his first arrest. Any potential discipline by the Cowboys or the NFL will be complicated. For now, the legal process is just getting started.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,765 Times in 1,790 Posts
Default Re: Cowboys' Dez Bryant assaulted mother, report says

Quote:
takes a special kinda scumbag to ruff up yo mamma...
You got that right!

Question is is it Ben or James that gets the 6 game suspension.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
You got that right!

Question is is it Ben or James that gets the 6 game suspension.
LMAO I say both,
Old 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,536 Posts

i sent him a strongly worded letter notifying him he is off my fantasy football draft board....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
Steeler13
Water Boy

Member Number: 18357

he'll drop in fantasy but that just makes him a steal in round 8. I picked up Roeth late when he had his run in. #championship
Steeler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Bryant did not assault his mother. His mother is a crackhead fromer drug dealer who gave birth to Dez when she was 14. Dez Bryant lived in 8 different homes while he was going to high school. His mother never provided a home for him. His mother has failed him his entire life. Somehow Dez Bryant became an NFL star in spite of his narcotics using teen mother. I suspect Dez bought his mother the home she lives in where the altercation took place but I can't find out online because any search for anything Dez Bryant related comes back to this fictitious assault contrived by his crackhead mother. Dez Bryant's mother failed him his whole life and now she is hurting him financially. There goes millions of dollars worth of endorsements out the window. ESPN is asking whether the Cowboys should keep Dez Bryant or if he has too much off-field baggage. His own mother called the police and had him arrested and fingerprinted when worst case scenario is he ruffled her shirt. And now all you privileged souls who had parents who raised you and cared for you can stand on your soapboxes and talk about how bad a person Dez Bryant is. How dare he wrinkle his own mother's shirt after she went to the effort to see him raised in every home in town but hers while she smoked crack and went to prison. Dez isn't going to read this but if he did I would congratulate him for his success, and let him know he made it all by himself in the world without so much as a mother to support him.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,685 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Bryant did not assault his mother. His mother is a crackhead fromer drug dealer who gave birth to Dez when she was 14. Dez Bryant lived in 8 different homes while he was going to high school. His mother never provided a home for him. His mother has failed him his entire life. Somehow Dez Bryant became an NFL star in spite of his narcotics using teen mother. I suspect Dez bought his mother the home she lives in where the altercation took place but I can't find out online because any search for anything Dez Bryant related comes back to this fictitious assault contrived by his crackhead mother. Dez Bryant's mother failed him his whole life and now she is hurting him financially. There goes millions of dollars worth of endorsements out the window. ESPN is asking whether the Cowboys should keep Dez Bryant or if he has too much off-field baggage. His own mother called the police and had him arrested and fingerprinted when worst case scenario is he ruffled her shirt. And now all you privileged souls who had parents who raised you and cared for you can stand on your soapboxes and talk about how bad a person Dez Bryant is. How dare he wrinkle his own mother's shirt after she went to the effort to see him raised in every home in town but hers while she smoked crack and went to prison. Dez isn't going to read this but if he did I would congratulate him for his success, and let him know he made it all by himself in the world without so much as a mother to support him.
Sounds like you know a lot about him? This is why I don't comment on the DUI and arrest stories that often, you just don't know what you're getting a lot of the time.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote