Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 07-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679
Default Re: Drew Brees bends the Saints over a barrel!

All this whining about stat padding is laughable, it's a professional sport, the other team has the option of playing defense. Furthermore, Brees and Payton have consistently fielded one of the better offenses in the nfl since 2006, the point of offense is to score points, not make whiny observers happy about your "sportsmanship" or run to pass ratio
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Stat-padder? Ummm... yes, he's padded his stats with many, many TD passes, victories and even a Super Bowl win. I don't know what to tell you about that. I wish our QB could pad his stats like this. Unfortunately, our recently departed OC felt that games needed to be won with scores in the high teens and low twenties.

Somehow it's still a secret that teams like the Browns haven't figured out: ALL of the teams that win consistently put their money in an elite QB, and in elite pass rushers, then spread what's left over around the rest of the team. Ben and Harrison own our two biggest contracts, and that's not by mistake. The Gronkowski deal kind of throws the Patriots off-track, so maybe they'll start to truly stink it up this year.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i still stand by what i said. For those who do love Brees.......i ask.......why is he still passing, passing, passing, passing, passing, and more passing in the late 3rd quarters and 4th quarters for. Everybody else is doing some running by then.
Sorry. Brees' 5,000+ yards in a year has an asterik in my book. Maybe every QB in the league, on every team, should pass, pass, and more pass....even if they're up 55-0. Then everybody will have 5,000 yards. It makes me laugh when people around these parts say Ben 'pads stats'. He doesn't.
Brees = largest stat-padder in the history of the game. Easily.
so how about the "great" tom brady ? 80% of his completions are passes that don't travel 10 yds past the line of scrimmage.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #14
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Brees plays for the Saints. He has to score 30 points a game or they do not win. Brees put up 32 on one of the league's best defenses against the 49ers in the playoffs and still lost to Alex Smith of all people. Rodgers is the only quarterback better than Brees. The homers who think Roethlisberger is an elite quarterback are the same ones complaining that Brees pads stats. If you put 5 points on Ben's completion percentage, throw in 1500 yards a season and double the touchdowns you get Drew Brees.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #15
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Brees = 657...thats right....657 pass attempts. My god. Its not wonder he had 5400 yards. S***, you put Batch out there and have him lob it out there 657 times, he'd get 5000 yards too. Sheez...
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #16
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so how about the "great" tom brady ? 80% of his completions are passes that don't travel 10 yds past the line of scrimmage.

He's another one that i don't think "is all that great". That SOB threw almost 100 times more than Aaron Rogers did.
Another QB who is NEVER pulled out of the game, even when they're up by 40 with minutes left in a game. You hate to see a guy get injured, but i'd by lying if i wouldn't love to see him go down big a big injury in a situation like that. It would serve them right for trying to "pad" numbers and statistics.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote